1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Heroes

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Jerry Pease, May 8, 2007.

1. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Last night episode was good, but a little slow. I had higher expectations. :( It ended up been a character building exercise. Don't you think?

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I don't watch this but it strikes me as something I'd enjoy. I should swap it out for the lesser of Desperate Housewives or Greys. The bonus is that the 4400 is starting soon so I'll get to watch something with my wife that I actually liked/picked.

3. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Well this is gonna be weird...I posted a response already at HTT. :)

Gonna have to get used to just coming here now....

Anyway...yes this weeks was a bit of a letdown...not much in the way of action or "WOW!" moments...kinda tough to outdue last weeks episode.

:)

4. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Desperate is on a different night, so you can watch both...:)

5. CJ

Its all about time. If I watch too much TV then no music or movies. Its a balancing act. I wish I was one of those people who could get buy on 6 hours of sleep each night. It wouldn't be an issue.

6. Alfer

Alfer New Member

:lol: :lol:

Thank God for DVR's is all I can say...I can watch our fav shows in a fraction of time and still get to bed at a somewhat decent hour.

:)

7. CJ

No kidding!

8. Jerry Pease

please move this post to tv land

9. Jerry Pease

10. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

What do y'all want to bet that Sulu fixes Hiro's sword? Anyone?

11. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Hmmm... you may be right...or maybe he will have another sword to pass on to his son...

12. Hayes Preston

Hayes Preston Member

That would be pretty cool.

Overall, last night did not have the "WOW" factor of the dark future episode, but I didn't seriously think anything (except maybe the very last ep) could top last week's episode.

Looking forward to the next two weeks.

13. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

We were talking about it at work this morning. I don't see any way to avoid the dark cliffhanger that is ominously looming over the next two episodes.

14. Hayes Preston

Hayes Preston Member

Possible spoilers below:

Now then, it has been said by the producers/writters that the first volume (season 1) will wrap up the New York exploding story line, and that next year the story will move on to other things. I believe there will be minor cliffhangers, for example we may not know every one who is alive or dead at the end of this season, also they have said that we will learn early next season exactly how Syler get the hero power from the brain of his victims (obvioulsy he survives season one)

15. hgroff

hgroff New Member

I have been reading the online novel and it really adds another level to the show. It doesnt tell you whats coming its more like it adds depth to the story line. highly recommended!

16. Chris White

Chris White New Member

I agree Jerry, this episode was a bit slow. We did get one new character - the little girl who knows where everyone is.

CJ, I bet you would like this show. Maybe you can watch the first season this summer on dvd.

17. CJ

That would be one way to catch up. I'll have to add that to my to do list. There are a lot of shows I started watching but eventually if my wife doesn't watch them, I lose interest. I used to LOVE smallville but just kind of lost interest.

18. hgroff

hgroff New Member

once again this is where any Heroes newbee should start.

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

read the 30 odd stories, view all past episodes online.

19. Jerry Pease

agree!

20. Chris White

Chris White New Member

I had no idea NBC was doing that. That's pretty neat. It says there are "limited commercial interruptions." I wonder how limited.