1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

How Hollywood Came to Fear and Loathe Rotten Tomatoes

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by CJ, Jun 10, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I personally think these types of sites are great. They are a very legitimate barometer of the quality of a film and even if a film gets a poor critical reception, you can see audience scores which may be higher, indicating a fun, less artistic movie, still worth seeing.

To me it really just sounds like Hollywood is pissed and scared that they can't rake in millions before people realize a movie is shit!
    Baywatch-Pirates.jpg

Jason Lorette likes this.
  2. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

I agree totally, I love these sites but can see why studios would hate them. Lord, if you needed RT to know Baywatch was going to be bad you have bigger problems. Pirates, while not the strongest, wasn't that bad.

Wish they'd stop taking TV shows that were considered "serious" shows, ie; Baywatch (I know, I know...it was meant to be serious), Starsky & Hutch, CHIPS, etc and turning them into 'comedic spoof' movies. They are ruining my childhood, lol.

Barry_NJ likes this.