1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

HTL MotWC - June 11 - Amelie

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by chad, Jun 1, 2007.

1. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Amelie - Amazon HTL Affiliate Link

[​IMG]

This is the first time I have ever picked anything, in my whole life :lol:

I picked one of my all time favorite movies to watch this week. I hope everyone that participates will enjoy it. A lot of the people I know "saw it on the shelf" or avoid it because it is in French.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0211915/

Enjoy!

2. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

I have the Amelie poster hanging in my HT. :)

Great movie!

3. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

It was a very cute film.

4. Hayes Preston

Hayes Preston Member

do we now have multiple movies of the month? I though June's was the The Station Agent

5. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Its Movie of the Week now. People won't watch EVERY movie, but that's OK. It gives the most prodigious watcher something to talk about. I'm watching both, and have already picked up The Station Agent for this coming week.

6. Tyson

Tyson New Member

Just put it in my queue.

Looks interesting. Thanks!

7. Hayes Preston

Hayes Preston Member

Ah ha, I missed the HTLMotMC, change to HTLMotWC

BTW, I LOVE Amelie, such a great movie.

8. chad

I am glad to see some of you have seen it and like it and glad that some of you are interested in seeing it. I will look forward to the discussion in a few weeks.

9. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

My wife and I both love this film. I haven't seen it in a long time looking forward to seeing it again.

Disclaimer - If you're normally put off by subtitles don't let this one turn you away. This is one of the most accessible foreign films I've ever seen.

-EJ

10. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Active Member

It's a captivating movie that is very active visually, but still easy to follow. I hope you like the color green, because it is the dominant color in this movie's palette.

11. chad

I may pull the dvd off of the shelf this weekend just for an "advanced" viewing. I am pretty sure it has an english dub as well.

12. chad

Just curious if everybody has their copies ready to go. I am looking forward to watching this again.

13. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Active Member

I'll be watching it early next week. I'm pretty sure it is only in French. There is an English language commentary track by the Director (and even this is with a pretty heavy French accent). I hope this doesn't dissuade anyone who hasn't seen Amelie from watching it. It is really worth it.

14. chad

I'm pretty sure my copy has an english dub track, I will take a look in a few minutes.

15. chad

I just looked at the back of the box, it says "in french with yellow english subtitles" I will probably turn the projector on later today, I will put it in and check.

16. CJ

I just finished watching this. It was cute. I think if it were not a foreign film, we would consider it simply a well executed romance/idealist movie with a happy ending. I thought it was pretty formulaic, but like I said, well executed.

17. CJ

Bump? No one wants to discuss this film?

18. chad

I guess not. I am going to watch it again tonight, but I have seen it enough times to discuss without rewatching.

19. CJ

Well, discuss... This was your pick and I commented that while I liked it, I found it mildly formulaic and nothing special if not admittedly well executed. Do you disagree?

20. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

It was very high on the cute factor. I saw it too long ago to discuss any details.