1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

HTT is gone

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by Dan Driscoll, May 31, 2007.

1. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

I literally just got the 404 page as I was posting a reply. :cry:

2. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

ya just beat me to it.

OK, I'm officially bummed. I'm off to find something to do. No more computer stuff tonight.

3. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

Yea, me too. I wrote a post, submitted, and got the dreaded 404.

4. Chris_B

Chris_B New Member

I just got it too. I was curious to see when the plug would be pulled. Sad but life goes on. It is nice to know that much of the same great discussions and knowledge can be found here.

5. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

Yeah, time for me to head home. I don't think I'll be looking at any HT or audio forums for a few days. :(

6. Kevin

Kevin Active Member War Zone Member

RIP HTT as we knew it for it'll never be that way anymore :cry:

7. Bill Stratton

Bill Stratton New Member

Got the expected 404 clicking an email link to a thread I was watching.

But then I tried just www.hometheatertalk.com and got Mike's new Webzine. Poked around a bit. Looks and sounds like Mike. I'm sure he feels like a weight has lifted. He can say anything he wants without anyone commenting. Best wishes to Mr. Knapp.

8. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member

HTT is reborn! Like a phoenix risen from the flames, like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, like... like... I'm running out of analogies here, but you get the idea.

Just go to the main page at http://hometheatertalk.com to read Mike's new ezine!

- Steve

9. Bill Stratton

Bill Stratton New Member

Evidently Steve and I are on the same wavelength :)

10. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Yikes...I hope Mikes "Editorials" like the "death of HT" one doesn't turn into a mini bickering thread like the kind he swore he'd avoid..so far he stated his thoughts, then our Mr Yohn counterpointed, now Mike has rebuttaled...I wonder how long they will go back and forth "arguing" about it...?

Should make for some interesting reading for sure!

11. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member

Considering that there is no "post reply" button at the end of the editorial, I think it is highly unlikely that it will turn in to a bickerfest.

- Steve

12. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

5:31:07 The last official post on the Home Theater Talk forum was submitted by Michael Mitten. It read: Artie, Have you tried any Yello yet?

13. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

8) That was me.

14. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

Does this mean that Michael Mitten 'broke' HTT? :evil:

:lol:

15. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So I did.

Good one Tom.

16. NathanP

NathanP New Member

I was sadly shocked... Though it would be a little longer.

17. NathanP

NathanP New Member

I was sadly shocked... Though it would be a little longer.

18. Stefan

Stefan Active Member War Zone Member

I missed the actual shut down - just got home at 11:25 P.M. EST. For a brief second while the page was trying to load - before I got the 404 error - I wondered if Mike couldn't do it. I wondered if the discussion was moving at lightning speed and Mike just couldn't stop it. But alas, it was not to be. But opening up the new e-zine, it is imediately recognizable as HTT. And I am glad HTL is here. I can continue to read about all the same sort of things and feel that the family is still here.

Stefan

19. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

So sad, just moved the HTT link down in my list of bookmarks, where it's been for the past 6 or so years (took a bit of that first year to make it to the top spot.) I'll still check out the new e-zine but I doubt I'll go 5-10 times a day, like I went to HTT and now come here.

Well, HTL just made the top spot, so Congrats, CJ, I know you're proud :)

20. Drew Mitten

Drew Mitten New Member

I just deleted HTT from my favorites. Very hard to think all that information is gone. I will miss it very much.