1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

I Saw the Toshiba HD A2 at Circuit City

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Christopher Saunders, May 18, 2007.

1. The Toshiba HD A2 looked great on a rather small display at CC. I picked up a brochure from Toshiba on HD DVD. When they have the HD A2 on sale for $299.99, I might get one.

But no one knows how much Amazon is going to charge. And there is at least one other dealer who is going to be competing for sales of all of the Toshiba HD DVD players.

Some people are speculating that the Toshiba HD A2 might be as low as $199 in a week or two.

All the Best

2. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

It's currently 249.99 at Costco with the $100 Toshiba discount.

-EJ

3. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

That is amazing.

Both the price and that it is as Costco.... and hopefully connected to an HDTV! Did you notice if they are selling the software there?

4. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

It was sitting in a line with the rest of the DVD players. It had a special display behind it but I didn't read the info. It was not hooked up. Which in my opinion is just dumb. They had a very small selection of HDDVD's sitting next to it. There were only 4 or 5 movies. The only one I remember is "Batman Begins" price was $18 and change. There were 7 or 8 of the A2 units.

-EJ

5. The sale at Value Electronics on the Toshiba HD A2 has been extended. It was supposed to end today, however, it will probably end on June 10th.

All the Best