1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Idiot of the Decade

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Ken McDaniel, May 30, 2007.

1. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

Groom With TB Under Federal Quarantine

Link to Article

2. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

wow! What a moron...yah I have a deadly disease that is contagious but I'm gonna jump across 4 international countries to get back to the US...wow.

He may be 'well educated' but he ain't that intelligent!

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I've been hearing about this. "I complied with everything except for not flying and not staying under quarantine" is what he should have said. Forget idiot, what a selfish jackass. I wonder if he is open to civil liabilities if someone sitting next to him gets TB (and XDR TB no less).

4. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

The "selfish jackass" is probably the most apt description. It is still amazing to me just how many of those people are out there.

5. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

There was a discussion about this on NPR this morning. apparently it is unclear if he actually broke any laws, but there may be civil liabilities if someone gets sick.

6. CJ

NPR is where I heard about this but I listened to a story yesterday afternoon and I'm not sure what updates and other discussions there have been. The screwed up part is that the CDC was going to send a private jet over to bring him back under quarantine but because the guy obviously knew he was doing wrong, he wouldn't contact them.

What is the legal precedence for giving someone a disease? I'm thinking they can prove that he knew he had TB based on the stories I've heard but I don't think he knew it was XDR. Has someone ever sued over someone giving them an STD?

7. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

I know there have been cases where someone intentionally infected another person with HIV and was convicted of assault. I think for there to be any criminal violation they would have to prove that he knew there was a high probability that he could infect someone else and that he acted with reckless intent.... or whatever the legalese would be. :) In any case, a civil case would be much easier to win. I just hope no one was infected so we don't have to find out.

8. Ken McDaniel

We have a positive ID, and get this, he's a lawyer!

image2870453g.jpg

Link to Article

9. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

It doesn't say, but I think it's clear that he also graduated with a Douchebaggery degree.

10. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

And a graduate of a military academy. ;)

11. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member

hopefully nature will do its magic.

12. Jerry Pease

could you imagine if your precious child(ren) dies because of this unconsidered ignorant bastard. I would stone the idiot to death.

13. Ken McDaniel

If I developed so much as a cough I would sue the pants off the assbag.

"Hello, Andrew Harley 'TB' Speaker, J.D., at your service, but you can call me T.B. Andy for short."

14. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

If I learned I had been on the same plane I'd sue him whether I got sick immediately or not, just in case.

15. CJ

Wait until they confirm whether the airline was unaware of or in violation of the no fly order. Speculation is the former, but if its the latter, open the floodgates....

16. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Oh and dumbasses father-in-law works for......

Center For Disease Control...nice.

17. CJ

WHAT?! I'm guessing FiL was providing some unauthorized, unofficial and very shitty advice about what was safe here.

18. Jerry Pease

I believe I read somewhere by the time they issued the no fly order he had cleared the ticket counter or already in the plane in route. But they had told him not to fly or go anywhere.

19. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

I wonder about the border guard that said he looked healthy to him, so he let him on through. :shock: :roll:

20. Ken McDaniel

Oh, here's the best part, at the US-Canada border, when they swiped his passport, a warning came up saying "Biohazard, detain immediately and don protective gear." The Border Agent interpreted this as 'discretionary' and let Mr. Speaker continue his contamination of the contiguous 48.

Border Agent suspended. Unbelievable. :(