1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

If it's not tennis elbow, it may be 'Wiiitis'

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by LarryB, Jun 7, 2007.

1. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

LOL, old news. People who have never played it might scoff but you can absolutely fuck up your shoulder/elbow playing the Wii. Even every time I don't play for a while I get it again too, just like golf/tennis/whatever in the real world.

And for the required token joke, guys have been getting a sore wrist playing with their Wii for centuries.

3. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

I suspect the lack of resistance might actually exacerbate the likelihood of injury. Maybe.

4. Randy Anderson

Randy Anderson New Member

Never having played a Wii, I'm not sure the exertion level required. However, you should always "warm up" prior to any physical activity. Sounds weird for a game, but it sounds like this would be the cause of the problem.

5. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

Randy:

The other problem is that because one does not get fatigued as one would in a real game, one keeps playing and playing and playing, thus increasing the risk of repetitive use injuries. But you are certainly correct that as a general rule, warming up would be helpful.