1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

If you HAD to guess today, who would will win the war.

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by CJ, Jun 21, 2007.

?

Who will win based on recent news and current discussions?

1. Blu-Ray

100.0%
  2. HD-DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

After some comments made across several threads I'm just curious at this point in time what people are thinking. I'm not putting a too early to tell or I don't care option because I'm saying that someone is holding a gun to your head and they will record your answer which your life will depend on. It is assumed that ONE format will win meaning both will not survive and something like Video on Demand will not arrive before either wins. You must pick one. :D

2. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

It depends on how long bad information is allowed in threads even when there is correct info available. ;-)

3. CJ

I can't control what happens on other forums. I corrected the error you called to my attention today in less than five minutes.

4. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

:thinking:

Ummmm... no.

5. CJ

I bet it was right at some point, I've overwritten that image 10 times today and just botched up xls file versions on my PC.

6. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

My bad for not being here all day. ;-)

7. CJ

Hey, you don't have to get snarky about it. ;) Anyone is welcome to point out changes that needs to be made and that can be done explicitly vs. making remarks about inaccuracies in completely separate threads.

8. Shane

Shane Active Member

I wonder who voted for HD DVD :thinking: :wink:

9. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Voted Blu. If for no other reason than majority of studios seem to support it. Time will tell.

10. John Beavers

John Beavers Active Member War Zone Member

I voted HD-DVD as that's the player I have. If Blu-Ray wins I guess I'll have to buy a player.

11. Graeme

Graeme Active Member War Zone Member

I thought this was a poll on who you thought would win vs. who you want to win? ;)

Graeme

12. CJ

I think its still legitimate to honestly think HD-DVD will win, but yes, it should be who do you really think will win, not which player do I own.

13. Matt Johnson

Matt Johnson New Member

Now that I have both, my opinion has changed...I see more and more opportunities for BluRay to win....

14. Saurav

Saurav Active Member War Zone Member

Voted Blu because that's what all the noise seems to be about right now. I'd probably have voted HD-DVD 2 weeks ago, and may vote HD-DVD 2 weeks later :)

15. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

where's the "I don't care" choice? ;)

16. CJ

I don't care either, but RTFP ;)

17. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

I thought I did point out the innacuracy. :lol:

No worries. Just giving you a hard time since we are in the middle of a big PR push for BD. Just like the 4 times previous when they made a couple of big announcements and declared the war to be "over".

The last thing we need right now is more misinformation.

18. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

BTW... It is funny that there are people on AVS right now telling HD DVD insiders to be more like the BDA. Basically lots more PR/market speak instead of just talking about the real advantages.

It is becoming clear that the general public is willing to buy into headlines instead of information.

19. CJ

Nothing new there and it hardly only applies to this topic. And I was making fun of the "war is over" comment in another thread too so its not like I don't see the humor in these tactics as well. I'm just glad I no longer have to worry about it.

20. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Absolutely.

I think the difference is that the mainstream press is pushing this out to a fair number of people who are starting to see themselves as "informed" on the topic. If this sort of info had hit the mainstream public before the DVD/DIVX war was decided (imagine the headline "Disney and Fox exclusive to Circuit City's DIVX Format" in USA Today), then we might all be talking about switching from DIVX to HD DIVX today.