I'll fix the style issues tonight. In the meantime everything should be working now.

Discussion in 'Forum Software Tips and Tricks' started by CJ, Sep 12, 2013.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Sorry for the inconvenience.

2. Saurav

Saurav Active Member War Zone Member

I don't really mind this style :) The color scheme of the logo no longer matches. Although my co-workers accuse me of being color blind, so you should disregard my opinion on color schemes.

3. Shane

Shane Active Member

I actually like it.. it's easy on the eyes.

4. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Well, here's another thing I have come to hate about vBulletin. I just found out themes are version dependent, even to the minor revision level (e.g. 4.2.0 vs. 4.2.1). So my backup of the old theme that I took before the upgrade is apparently worthless. I would have need to done a post upgrade backup before I deleted the theme, which I didn't think of. So, I might be making some broader changes to the look of the site in light of that.

5. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

Ditto. Kinda like it!

6. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

Borders and frames could stand some color or shading, but the contrast in the text fields is much better now. :tu:

7. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

WTF? A few seconds ago I clicked in to the title page and got our header bar across the top but below that the whole page looked like it had been hijacked by some middle eastern site. Had pictures of Assad and other stuff and some weird music started on auto play. I clicked on what's new and got our regular thread listing. Too weird.

EDIT: I waited a few minutes, clicked elsewhere and clicked back and all was normal. Very strange.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
  8. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

The old color scheme came just back.

9. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Yep, just updated the template. Turns out my backup was still usable. I may spend some time tweaking it as I know people have commented on contrast being important, but, its also extremely difficult to edit the look of the site in vBulletin. Like, way more complicated than it should be IMO.

10. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Thank you for the hard work CJ.

11. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

yes, thanks for your hard work...

12. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks guys. While I don't always agree with the opinions of everyone here, this is a great group and I really enjoy having this virtual hang-out. Also, while it gets frustrating when something goes wrong with the software, in perspective its not that big of a deal and everyone is very patient and understanding.

13. Shane

Shane Active Member

Beggars can't be choosers :)

14. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Oh now that's bullshit and you know it.

:laugh:

15. Bill Stratton

Bill Stratton Active Member

Yes, thanks CJ!
    And whatever you did, Enter now causes a carriage return / linefeed in IE. YAY!!