1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

I'm here!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Travis Ballstadt, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Just came across this forum, thought I'd jump in here to share.

A quick photo of my theater....

TheaterPano.jpg

Dan Driscoll and CJ like this.
  2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

1) Welcome Travis!

2) Nice theater!!! Care to share the setup details? What gear?

3) Love the Iron Giant artwork.

3. I thought I would eventually start a thread for my theater and share more photos... but a quick overview (as of today)...

Panasonic AE-8000u Projector
    SeymourAV CenterStage UF material
    Emotiva UMC-200/UPA-700 processor/amp
    Oppo BDP-103 bluray, AppleTV, TiVo Mini
    elemental Designs LCR cabinets with custom crossover and drivers
    SVS PB2000 sub
    Mission 77ds surrounds (for now, I have 4 eD slant surround cabinets that match my LCRs when I get time to finish them out)

And the Iron Giant artwork is actually printed on fabric with Linacoustic backing. I made a few of these...The Fifth Element is also visible in that photo, and I also have Raiders of the Lost Ark and Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy.

CJ likes this.
  4. CJ

Where did you have those panels printed? I like the idea as I have a number of movie posters but would like to integrate more acoustic treatments into my room too.

5. I used Spoonflower.com, though they've been cracking down on copyright infringement lately. Luckily, I'm a fan of minimalist art, so all of my artwork has no text - just printing a movie poster with text and studio logos, etc, will surely get kicked back. Also, don't name the file "Avengers Poster" or something like that, as it will also kick up a red flag. Right before you upload, rename everything "poster a...b...c..." and so on.

CJ likes this.
  6. CJ

Good to know.

7. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

Hi Travis, welcome to HTL.

Very nice theater. :)

8. Rick C

Rick C Member

Welcome Travis. Looks like a great place to watch a movie. Looking forward to hearing mire about your setup.

9. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

welcome
    nice HT set up.

10. Thanks for the welcome, guys. It looks like rain all weekend here, so perhaps between movies I'll create a post about my theater. It ain't perfect, but the performance I've achieved on a very tight price tag is impressive to any and all who've been in it.

11. capsuleri

capsuleri Well-Known Member

Welcome! Nice set up!.. Thanks for the spoonflower link.