1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Info about HTT per Mike Knapp

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by Michael M, May 31, 2007.

1. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

I just got off the phone with Mike and he said I could post a couple of things about HTT.

1) The site is NOT deleted, so everything we ever did can still be held against us. :twisted: :lol: Mike being the :twisted: that he is, renamed it to where we can't access it. If there is some info you would like from the site he said to email him and he will see if he can find it.

Are there any good hackers here that can find it and turn it back on?!! Just kidding!!!

2) Mike is considering making it a 'read only' site some time in the future, but it would take some time for him to set it up. Also, he's not sure if or how the search function would work, it's something he would have to play with.

So, the silver lining in all of this is we may get to see the site again at least in 'read only' state, maybe have a chance to search through old posts from time to time, and let us not forget that if that day comes to check out the great pics last posted in the original Testafae!

The reason he called me was to inform me that I had the last official post. Kind cool. 8) I'd like to thank the academy.....

Thanks Mike for the great site. Hopefully we'll get to revisit it in all its splendor one day.

He reads this site from time to time so I would say to post your thoughts to him.

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member

Also, until a redirect is in place, you need to go directly to:

http://hometheatertalk.com

to access the new webzine. It's up now!

- Steve

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Got my read on already. Nice write up Steve!

4. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Active Member War Zone Member

I still get the old home page.

?????

Pete

5. Steve Tannehill

Pete,

This link is to a "Forum is closed page"

http://hometheatertalk.com/httalk/index.php

This link is to the new site:

http://hometheatertalk.com

If you are getting the old site, there is probably something cached at your end, or perhaps on your proxy server. What happens if you try forcing a refresh on the page, or clear your web browser's cache?

Oh, and thanks Ron. That article almost wasn't, but I really wanted to have something for the inaugural issue.

- Steve

6. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

Thanks!!

7. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

Great read on the e-zine Steve...very interesting.

8. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Nice write up!

9. ArtieK

ArtieK New Member

No, I've no Yello, should I and why?

Nice job both David and Steve! Very nice.

10. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

Song #5, Junior B. That'll make the ol' IB work. :wink: It's a very cool demo.

51707BV6Y3L._AA240_.jpg

You can get it through Amazon, our proud little sponsor, for $8.33. Enjoy!

11. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

Artie: If you want a good tune to check out your IB with music but you are not a fan of techno-dance-electronica like Yello, play Led Zepplin's "Dazed and Confused" - loud. Not only does it have a killer bass track, it features one of Page's least self-indulgent guitar solos, which I'm sure your Druids will love. :) No sub-sonic 10Hz harmonics like Yello, but a damn good track that should rock your attic pretty well.

12. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Yello also had that "OH YEAH!" song in the Ferris Bueller movie....:)

13. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah
    The moon... beautiful
    The sun... even more beautiful
    Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah
    Beautiful
    Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah...
    Good time

Deep stuff. From their album "Stella"

14. Steve Tannehill

OK, now I can't get that song out of my head. :)

Harumph, time to listen to Sgt. Peppers!

- Steve

15. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

Years of hearing about this group Yello, and now I finally know what some of their music sounds like. :shock:

16. ArtieK

ArtieK New Member

I'll try Yello out of curiosity and I don't have Dazed and Confused yet, so I'll pick up both. Going through my Sabbath box set I found a thundering drum solo where the sound starts in front center and goes around in a complete circle around behind you back to the front. That was cool, but I don't remember the album, much less the song. Buzzs are funny like that. I've never bought anything for demo purpose only, of course I've never had anything worth demoing before, but I'll give Yello a shot. Who knows, I might even like it.

17. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

Hey Artie, and the rest of the IB gang. Check this out:

51WRDWXT7XL._AA240_.jpg

Brain by Hiromi. It's a very interesting mix of Jaz and Techno with a solid bass line.

18. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Active Member War Zone Member

There's always Flight of the Cosmic Hippo for those manly sub owners.