1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

John From Cincinnati

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Jerry Pease, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Anyone watched it last night? I am not sure how this one is going to evolve. I will give it a another try for a few weeks but if it doesn't get any better this might be a goner. It was strange beginning.

2. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member War Zone Member

Liked it. But definitely not as compelling as, for example The Sopranos (left hand, mafia, right hand, surfing--you choose) right off the bat, so it'll have to keep it up.

3. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

I just want to know if John's an alien or what. If it turns out to be some sort of angel thing I'll dump it.

I will say that Rebecca DeMornay has not looked hotter in quite some time.

4. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

That makes my decision for me. I will be checking this show out - at least the first few episodes. :wink:

5. Jerry Pease

you are absolutely right, she looks fantastic.

6. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

DYohn wrote:
    I will say that Rebecca DeMornay has not looked hotter in quite some time.

David! Does she get nekkid?

7. Jerry Pease

I am not David, but I answer your question. No.

8. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

Actually she does, but only under a blanket. In fact I think it's one of the few roles she's had where she does not get nekkid on camera.

9. Tom R S 4

She didn't in that 'Feds' movie, or whatever it's called. However, I've seen two versions of the movie 'And God Created Woman' (both with her), and one of them is exceptionally good!

10. Greg W

Greg W New Member

Oh, man, that movie....

11. Jerry Pease

watched again last night. I did find it more intriguing but it is still in the I don't understand category. What attracts me to it is all of the Deadwood cast. Hope to see Al Swearengen soon. :D and hopefully Mr. Wu

12. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

I want one of the re-animation parrots.

13. Greg W

Greg W New Member

soonn fronnnnceesco COCKSUCKER!

As for this show, I'm betting on some sort of religious take vs the alien take. ie, John's an angel. Or something.

Come to think of it, I believe I'll join you in the 'don't understand yet' room. Still, it's been engaging enough so far to keep me watching.

14. Jerry Pease

ok, can someone get me out of my state of confusion? I am still curious about this show. But I am totally confused, I don't understand almost no of it. They have been going away from surfing which kind of like caught my attention and I grown very fond of deadwood's characters, but the show is very bizarre.

Some please help, if you found any website that explains a little more I would appreciate it. BTW, it is a little hard core and edgy and I like that.

15. Tom R S 4

If surfing were a major element I probably wouldn't watch it. Saying the show is very bizarre may be an understatement, and it's probably why I'm interested. My favorite person is Ed O'Neal's character - It wouldn't take too much for him to be locked up in a loony bin.

16. Jerry Pease

I am still as confused as day one. But I can't stop watching it. I am very excited to see all the deadwood actors.

17. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

OK, so the season finale was Sunday. Does anyone know what this show was about or was it all just an ego exercise from David Milch? Oh, and the actor who played Wu was in this last episode. He did not get to say "cocksucker," although other characters did.

18. Tom R S 4

1) I haven't the foggiest idea.
    2) Possibly.

19. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

The one hint was John mentioning that "they" (whoever "they" are) will be coming on 9/11/14 and then that's what the shuffleboard score area read when he revealed it. Either that was a hint that "they" are some kind of alien invasion, or the "second coming," or maybe a prediction of the next time that the Bengals will make it into the playoffs... ;)

20. Tom R S 4

I missed the last 20 minutes Sunday, so I'll have to hold out on commenting on John's hint, although I do suspect the Bengals will make the playoffs again before 2014.