Justice League (2017)

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by CJ, May 19, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

I'm willing to give DC a bit more rope here. They're trying to do something a bit different from Marvel and I can appreciate that. I'll be seeing Wonder Woman with my daughter when it comes out June 2nd. There is also a solo Aquaman film for 2018.

2. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

I like what I've been seeing of this, but to be honest so far WW is looking better.

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

I love the DC line of films, and I'm so glad they are avoiding the campy humor that plagues the Marvel films. This is a must see for me...

4. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Zack Snyder will turn over the Justice League directorial reins to Joss Whedon. His wife, Deborah Snyder, was producing and is also leaving the project. The Snyder's 20 year old daughter died by suicide in March. Apparently both thought that returning to work after a short production delay would be good for them but have since decided they need more time. Very sad.

Zack Snyder Steps Down From 'Justice League' to Deal With Family Tragedy

5. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Interesting, I will look for this with great enthusiasm. "What are your Super Powers ? - I'm Rich" that is some cool stuff right there.

6. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Very sad indeed! I wish them the best...

CJ likes this.
  7. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah, on a related note, I just learned this week from a podcast that committed suicide is not the preferred language any longer. Attempted suicide or died by suicide (as used in the article) are the preferred terms as committed has negative connotations e.g. committing a crime. I know some object to these kinds of change in language as being overly PC but at least now you know.

8. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I'm hoping this will be a lot better than the last outing. More creative input from Ben, now Joss is involved in post.....

Shitty thing to hear about his daughter. :(

9. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Justice w/o Superman? Hmmmmm.

10. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

You killed yourself, you committed suicide, end of story. PC or not, it is what it is. Like the word retard. Totally acceptable a decade ago, now, all the pussy libs got involved and it's unacceptable, grow up and stop being so sensitive!

11. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Well now...how about Marriage Commitment. Talk about a negative Connotation.
    Of course there is Committed to the insane asylum. Committed an act of treason.

12. Drew

Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci.”

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. So say the people not necessarily dealing with depression. “I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that.” - Robin Williams

The language police are not helping IMO.

13. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Uh oh, for @Ron-P
    There seems to be some rumblings that with the success of Wonder Woman, which has a less dark and gritty tone, DC may be moving the rest of the universe in a lighter direction. Two bits of news from the last couple of days.
    DC Films Will "Make Movies Fun" Following Wonder Woman
    'Justice League': Danny Elfman to Compose Score (Exclusive)
    'Justice League': Danny Elfman Set to Compose Score as Junkie XL Departs [Updated]

14. Drew

Bats vs Supes sucked for a LOT or reasons. Being gritty is not one of them.

15. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah, but trying (too hard) to be gritty drives other decisions that sucked.

16. Drew

Fair point.

17. Barry_NJ

CJ likes this.
  18. Barry_NJ

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

19. Drew

New trailer

Barry_NJ and CJ like this.
  20. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Love the new trailer. Hoping Superman returns as well. As for bringing in positivity and uplifting the films, I can handle that, just don't bring in the dumb, goofy comedy that Marvel has.