1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

LarryB - You are two show impressions in the hole with some

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by Ed P, May 14, 2007.

1. Ed P

Ed P Member

LarryB - You are in the hole for two shows with your impressions and insights. You do NOT want to know what the karmic VIG is on this.

Or is this a offshoot of "exclusive rights" amatuer prose you now have signed up for?

2. Ed P

Ed P Member

LarryB - You are in the hole for two shows with your impressions and insights. You do NOT want to know what the karmic VIG is on this.

Or is this a offshoot of "exclusive rights" amatuer prose you now have signed up for?

3. Ed,

I think Larry is away from the internet until Wednesday. I am sure at that time he will be answering all our questions?

4. Ed,

I think Larry is away from the internet until Wednesday. I am sure at that time he will be answering all our questions?

5. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

Re: LarryB - You are two show impressions in the hole with s

This usually equates to a trip off the track with the wrong end first. :lol:

6. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

Re: LarryB - You are two show impressions in the hole with s

This usually equates to a trip off the track with the wrong end first. :lol:

7. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

My Montreal Show report just went up on Stereo Times.

Stereophile Home Entertainment Show report to follow next week...

8. Ed P

Ed P Member

I read this several days ago, and have been mulling over my reactions.

My reaction was odd. I've seen you write this way on several different web sites for many years. More like converstation , no doubt about how you feel, like or experience something.

Same approach but now I was reading it in "offical Press" and I first thought, "oh he shouldn't be so forthcoming with his opinions and biases". I had to stop and say, "why do I respect this approach when I read it here or other web sites, but are taken aback or think more vaugeness is in order when in offical press".

Don't listen to me, definitely don't listen to others in the "offical Press", stick with this approach, it is fresh refreshing and honest.

Only other thing, too short ! :lol:

9. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

Thanks for keeping an open mind, Ed. I can only be who I am, and my writing, for better or for worse, will always reflect that.

I would like to write more but I am swamped at work and was glad to be able to get anything at all down on paper. As the saying goes, I'm pedaling as fast as I can. ;)

10. stephenj

stephenj Active Member

Larry, this is off-topic for this thread, but i wanted to let you know that i didn't see your query about my patent post until the thread was closed. Your question was:

"As I understand him (and please correct me if I misunderstood), what Steve is saying is that longer patent life would stifle innovation; he did not say that shortening copyright life would be beneficial."

My answer is that your impression was correct, that's what i was saying.

Now i have to run and duck in case CJ wants to flag me for getting around the locked thread. yikes! :wink:

11. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

Thanks.