1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Lazy Sunday

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Paul E. Fox II, May 8, 2007.

1. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II New Member

Thought I'd post a comment...

After returning from Spidey 3 last Saturday, I wanted to revisit the series here. I thought it would be a good idea since I hadn't actually watched in the theater room which finally became fully operational last March and I had recently recalibrated all the levels.

Sunday morning I woke up a bit earlier than planned so I threw in Spider-Man.

Since that ended up being so enjoyable...I decided to revisit a few movies that I hadn't watched in a while...here's the list:

Porcupine Tree: Deadwing DVD-A (while dusting my equipment)
    a scenes from Batman Begins on the HD-DVD player
    Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
    The Bourne Identity
    The Bourne Supremacy

For quite a while, I've not really been enjoying my theater but Sunday turned out to be GREAT! Porcupine Tree is a great band and then hitting the movies really made the day! I didn't get much done (other than the dusting) and I had to do my laundry last night but I can say that I really enjoyed myself!

Now, the question I ask...what did all of you watch recently? Is it always something new or do you revisit the old stuff?

2. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

I watched something old that I had never seen: Sunset Boulveard, from 1950.

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Active Member

Paul, I also have been pulling some titles off the shelves to see on my new Plasma

In preparation for the sequels:
    Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
    Spider-Man 2
    (I'm seeing Spider-Man 3 today)
    Also revisited:
    The Queen
    Phantom of the Opera

Latest other viewings:
    The Painted Veil
    Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
    Chilly Scenes of Winter

Brando Documentary on TCM

Coming up over the next few days:
    Deliver Us from Evil
    The Dead Girl

If HTL provides an Annual Films Seen Thread as a 'sticky,' I'll post mini-reviews and ratings.

4. Shane

Shane Active Member

Lately I've been watching all Blu Ray movies. I don't see that changing for a while.

I'll likely make a pit stop to watch Matrix in HD.

I tried to watch POTC: Black Pearl but the EE is atrocious. I can't wait to replace the disc with the BR version.

5. Dan S.

Dan S. New Member

Ditto, I've been watching whatever comes out on BD each week, catalog or new release. Lot's of good stuff over the next month. :D

6. Hayes Preston

Hayes Preston New Member

Recently I have been watching Planet Earth (HD DVD) and the British Office.

Lat night for a change of pace I watched The Fellowship of the Ring (EE)