1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Live Free or Die Hard

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Matt Johnson, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Matt Johnson

Matt Johnson New Member

I was just commenting to my wife that it was weird that the new Die Hard was coming out this month and I hadn't seen one trailer yet.

Well, that's changed now...WOW! Looks awesome! Of course, it's not shakespeare, and I don't want it to be.

Blow up $hit big, shoot a bunch of people, say Yippie Ki Yea Mother F%^&ker and I'm paying $8 to go see it.

I really hope it's as good as the trailer. Die Hard 3 sucked pretty bad after the first two being so good.

2. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

I'm definitely intrigued by this one too...looks like it could be a fun ride...

3. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

If it's an R rating, there is a small chance I'll see it in the theater. If it's PG-13, I may buy the DVD when it comes out, we'll see. John McClane is a hard-nose, cursing, tough-ass cop that can't be censored to PG-13 and keep the same demeanor.

I liked all 3 of the movies, but I liked DH3 more than DH2 by quite a bit.

4. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member

I'm with you Chris, I liked DH3 a lot better than 2 as well. DH1 is still my favorite though. I will just have to wait for the dvd as I hardly ever get out to theaters anymore.

Wonder if the Lethal Weapon gang will do a "reunion" movie too. I almost doubt Mel would be into that sort of thing anymore.

5. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Active Member

This was reported a while back- where have you guys been (from latinoreview.com):

"Lethal Weapon 5 to be shot entirely in Mel's native language of Mayan"

:lol:

6. Ahhh, I loved the Die Hard flicks. Willis has the John McClane character down pat.

7. Shane

Shane Active Member

8. Eric

Eric Active Member

I certainly can't wait, though I am a little concerned they may have toned down the language and violence to obtain the PG-13 rating. Weren't the rest of the Die Hard movies R?

9. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

A lot of things have changed since the original Die Hards' Its possible one or two of them could get PG13 ratings if released today. They were all violence which the MPAA is totally OK with. And if they could keep it down to 1-2 f-bombs they'd probably pass. I don't think PG-13 will be the kiss of death for DH4.

10. Sean80

Sean80 New Member

I totally agree. DH with a Vengeance was rated 14A in Ontario on release.

I'm really looking forward to seeing no. 4. Len Wiseman directed the two Underworld movies and they had some pretty cool action sequences and that's really all I'm hoping for. :)

11. Chris White

Chris White New Member

12. Drew Mitten

Drew Mitten New Member

I hope to see it!

13. Dennis Pagoulatos

What was so fun about DH3 (not the storyline) was the pairing of Samuel L. "motherfu**in'" Jackson and Bruce together trading F Bombs- it worked really well as a "buddy movie" and could certainly not be made as PG-13. DH2 sucked ass hard, so no comment there- but DH1 is a classic action flick- and also impossible to make PG-13 due to the gleefully bloody John Woo style bullet wounds and liberal F bombs.

I'm pretty sure you can get away with 1 F bomb in a PG-13, but that's about it. I'm not even sure you can say MOTHERfu**er at all- but if this is a Die Hard flick- they had better find a way for him to use his silly catchphrase. Yippee Kayee indeed. :lol:

-Dennis

14. Drew Mitten

Drew Mitten New Member

Yippee Kayee Mother f*cker

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2007
  15. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

I saw this last night. Oh, man! What a blast! Non-stop s'plosions! Bruce Willis kicks ass, but Timothy Olyphant steals the show! The ending felt rushed with no big messy death (major letdown!), but it is rated PG-13.

Oh, yeah, Justin Long as a geeky computer hacker. Perfect casting! It's hard to dislike the guy.

Worth the trip!

Rating: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]1/2

Pros: YippieKiYay, Muthafucker! Bruce Willis kicks ass!

Cons: Story is silly. Ending is lackluster.

16. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I'm disappointed they're not sticking with the realistic story lines of the first three :(

17. Eric

Eric Active Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

18. Dennis Pagoulatos

Did anyone else see it last night? (I didn't but I'm a review whore). 8)

-Dennis

19. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

Even I want to see this one!

20. Eric

Eric Active Member

You shouldn't believe the rumors. There's no Tom Cruise cameo in this movie.