1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

LOST...

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Jason Lorette, May 8, 2007.

1. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

...I figured we'd start another transition...for all the LOST fans....

Jason

2. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Active Member

Good call- things are pretty tense right now on the show- it's a shame we're going to lose the previous thread...what a bummer!

In case you hadn't heard- at least now we know what the deal is for LOST and this should be considered great news for fans of the show:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn:newsml:tv.reuters.com:20070507:lost_dc__ER:1

3 more seasons, 16 episodes each that will run without re-runs- very cool!

-Dennis

3. Matt Johnson

Matt Johnson New Member

So do you think they're in purgatory? Seemed like it hinted at it or something like that.

4. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

Yes, they hinted at it. No, I don't think that's where they are.

5. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

Only if the writers/producers have been lieing to us from day one. They were very adamant about shooting down the purgatory/hell/dead theories way back in season one.

They will tick off a lot of fans if they go back on their word. :)

6. Jason Lorette

The only other thing I can figure...is that they are all in one collective coma in a hospital somewhere...and when someone wakes up from the coma and the Doctors say "you're gonna be just fine"...that's when they leave the island...

...or something like that.

Jason 8)

7. Alfer

Alfer New Member

I just hope they don't pull a St Eleswhere!!

8. Jason Lorette

Refresh my memory...I forget what they did on St. E?

Jason

9. Alfer

Alfer New Member

At the end of the series, it turned out that some little kid dreamed up the whole show/story while looking into a snow globe..or something close to that. The whole series was just a kids fantasy.

10. Jason Lorette

Right, right....it will be something along those lines I would imagine...no quite that hokey though...I think the writers would be lynched if they tried to do something hokey.

Jason

11. Alfer

Alfer New Member

I keep wondering...what's to stop them from pulling a Twighlight Zone ending...?

I mean there were a ton of episodes of the Zone that had you thinking you were watching ordinary people doing ordinary things, then at the end the camera pulls back etc and you find out that (for example) the people in the show were meer "toys/puppets" being played with by giants etc...

12. Jason Lorette

That's the nice thing about the whole concept of this show...it's a fantasy world...but the fans expect it to have a reality based explanation...

Jason

13. Hayes Preston

Hayes Preston Member

I think that having a definite end is good for the show. The writters say they have a genreal idea of where the show is going to go, now they can really map it out.

I am looking forward to the next few episodes, I am very curious to see what Rousseau wanted with all that dynamite!!

14. Jason Lorette

I agree...and that big 'power cable' that connects to the island...what is that really connected too?

Jason

15. Jason Lorette

WTF? Who the hell is Jacob? Is Ben nuts...well...more nuts than we thought?

What does Jack have to "catch up on"?

Holy Shit...Locke shot and bleeding in an open grave!

Wow!

Jason

16. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Great episode! The whole Jacob thing sure adds yet ANOTHER f'd up twist! It sure appeared to be something other than Ben tearing up the place...The "help me" voice sure doesn't appear to be Ben's voice.

Knowing how weird the island is, having an invisble dude doesn't surprise me much.

I say Locke is dead...but ya never know.

17. brianca

brianca New Member

Nah. The island'll heal Locke and make him even more powerful. He's obviously the new Ben.

18. Alfer

Alfer New Member

So I wonder why that Dr. Richard guy look exactly the same as he did 20 years earlier when Ben was a meer tween?

19. Jason Lorette

Yah! I forgot about that part...that was weird...perhpas the island is the "fountain of youth" no one ever really dies.

We thought the Mikhail guy was dead too...

Jason

20. Hayes Preston

Hayes Preston Member

I don't think Locke is dead, there is too much of a story with him and the others to work out for him to be gone.

[geek]Did anyone notice that when "Jacob" was going crazy, there was a quick shot of a man sitting in the rocking chair? I had to do the rewind and slo-mo on the DVR to see it. Also didn't the lantern fall onthe floor and start a fire, then when Ben leaves the house he hangs up the lantern by the front door? [/geek]

Jason, I think Jack was referring to all that happened to him while he was with the others/Juliette's turning against Ben, as well as all the goings on at the Losties beach that they have been keeping from Jack/Juliette (just my guess)