1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

LOTRO: Shadows of Angmar

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Tom Morgan, May 18, 2007.

1. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan New Member

If any of you play and see Morgori, that would be me. Dwarf Guardian.
    Morgori.jpg

2. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

I don't play, but I think your character looks awesome!

3. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan New Member

I am now a level 12 Dwarf Guardian. It is a fun game to play with a group.
    Here is a couple of new screenshots

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

4. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Is doing "weed wacking" part of the gameplay? :wink:

5. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan New Member

I have been whackadoing quite a few things :lol:
    I'm now level 18
    143a.jpg

6. cjd

cjd New Member

So, uh, is this just a re-skinned and re-storied WoW?! Sure looks like it. Might check it out anyhow as I'm bored off and on these days.

Having fun I hope!

C

7. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Pallies just got nerfed again (kinda). My buddy was telling me about and I had to laugh, because he sometimes twist things. I found out later that it's a AOE/group dispel for priest/lock, and it costs an ass load of mana.

I might have to look into LOtR, just too many things in WOW that I just gave up on because they just like to make shit up as they go.

8. cjd

cjd New Member

Uh... that's how RPG's usually go, you know? Good ones anyhow.

KOL is one of the best I've seen. Someone finds a hack, it's plugged and content tweaked to deal with it. When it became too easy to farm meat (currency in KOL if you don't know, is meat) the primary farming spot was attacked by mob penguins, currency dried up, they whacked a few kneecaps... rather than punishing, the game adapted and worked with whatever happened.

So, you know, you get to learn a slightly different playstyle. Big deal. You want a big IWIN button, go play Halo or Counterstrike some boring crap like that. ;)

C

9. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan New Member

I have never played WOW. This is my fisrt MMORPG. It is fun and I am playing with a small group (fellowship) which makes it real fun. I have been told it is alot like WOW with more story.
    ScreenShot00139a.jpg

10. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan New Member

ScreenShot002415.jpg
    Level 23

11. Marc S.

Marc S. New Member

The graphics look pretty nice in those screenshots! I am currently playing DDO or D&D online. I am starting to get a little bored with it but don't think I am quite ready to pull the plug yet.

12. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan New Member

Level 28
    ScreenShot00333a.jpg

13. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan New Member

level 36
    ScreenShot00449pb.jpg

14. Drew

What's the monthly fee?

15. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan New Member

The monthly LOTRO subscription options (in U.S dollars) are as follows:

$14.99 per month
    $41.85 per 3 months
    $77.70 per 6 months
    $143.40 per 12 months
    $299 Lifetime Membership. Lifetime Membership means you'll never again have to pay a subscription fee for LOTRO*!

16. cjd

cjd New Member

Isn't there a $199 lifetime option?

17. Drew

I think there was. Maybe it was a launch deal?

18. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan New Member

See my edited post up a couple it is $299 for the lifetime

19. Marc S.

Marc S. New Member

lotro

I am thinking seriously about getting this game. I am currently playing D&D online and while I still like the game I am finding it harder and harder to get a group together. In DDO no group means you level at a snails pace.

I currently have 4 (lol) DDo accounts so I guess I could just delete a few of them and try it out.

Which brings me the this question. Is LOTRO a group game? Meaning you can't really do much without a group? And if so how is the population? Is there enough people playing at ALL hours of the day/night to form groups?

thanks

20. Greg W

Greg W New Member

Marc, I can't speak for LOTRO, since I haven't played it, but if you haven't tried World of Warcraft, it's fun, too. And you can level with or without groups.