Marantz 7005

Discussion in 'For Sale/Trade Lounge (members)' started by DYohn, Oct 9, 2017.

1. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

I have a used Marantz 7005 that was in my living room HT. It's a pre/pro, not a receiver. I replaced it with an Anthem AVM 60.

The Marantz is from 2011 and is reviewed here: Marantz AV7005 Home Theater Preamp Processor Reviewed

If anyone needs it, let me know and make an offer. I'll let it go very cheap if you pay for shipping.

It developed a problem in that it will not power ON using the remote for some reason, so to turn it on you must press the button on the front. All other functions work perfectly and it will power off via remote. I was going to send it to Marantz for repair but never did.

I don't think I have the original packaging for it, but I do have the remote and the Audessey microphone.

2. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

Sooo tempting...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

3. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

I own this and still use it in my HT. Excellent gear. Funny, mine developed a similar 'remote on' function. I had to take it to the authorized service center where they zeroed the OS and reloaded the firmware to fix. That was after the technician at Marantz had me factory reset the device a couple times before recommending a repair. Dude at the shop said, 'Marantz doesn't know everything about Marantz.' LOL.

DYohn likes this.
  4. carlthess40

carlthess40 New Member

Still available? And where’s the shipping from? I’m near Orlando Florida

5. Phil Rose

Phil Rose Member

So, just wondering how you find the difference in the AVM60 vs. 7005? I have the 8802A and quite enjoy it but have never heard an Anthem (but I do have a Sonic Frontiers which was the tube side of Anthem which I like very much).

6. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

If not available - there's always - Processors & Power Amps | Accessories4less

I've bought my last several receivers there (a warehouse operation in Apopks, FL).

7. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

Sorry my Marantz is gone.