1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

*March Monthly Movie Drawing: Fantastic Beasts *

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by CJ, Mar 1, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

91SFnxI2c1L._SX466_.jpg

1) Any registered member of Home Theater Lounge is eligible to win the monthly drawing.
    2) To enter you must answer the question: What is your favorite Harry Potter movie?
    3) Members may win up to 2 drawings per year.
    4) The winner will receive the movie being offered in that month's drawing, no substitutions or gift cards.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  2. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - it doesn't hurt that it's my favorite of the books. The first two are great representations of the books but it wasn't until the third (my second favorite one in the series) that they became movies first.

GoF keeps all of the best parts of the book, makes a coherent and fun movie out of them without being a slave to the source material, and in insanely re-watchable.

CJ likes this.
  3. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

Sorcerer's Stone, I think it's just the innocence of it.

4. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

Goblet of Fire

5. CJ

If I can count Deathly Hallows as one, a la Kill Bill... well, I'm tempted to go Deathly Hallows regardless. Goblet is solid with the Tri-Wizard Tournament and the Quidditch World Cup.

6. ellisr63

ellisr63 New Member

Goblet of Fire is my favorite

CJ likes this.
  7. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma New Member

The Prisoners of Azkaban.

CJ likes this.
  8. CJ

Drawing from
    1. Chris
    2. Barry
    3. Claud
    4. Ellis
    5. Lou
    Selecting a random number from 1 through 5 from random.org and the winner is BARRY!

9. CJ

@Barry_NJ shoot me a PM with your address.

10. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

Doh!

CJ, I already own it, please take me out of the pool.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

11. CJ

OK, Redrawing. @claud won.

12. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

I wish I had known that before I received this notification. I already own it too. Great movie. I guess that's what you get with a bunch of Audiovideo folks. I could give it to my daughter in law who LOVES Harry Potter movies, so I will take it with that understanding..

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  13. CJ

I've been trying to select movies that come out at the end of the drawing month. It looks like I need to shoot for the next month. When we do the May drawing, I'll select a movie that doesn't drop until June.