1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Mike Knapp launching Home Theatre Talk e-zine

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by DYohn, May 21, 2007.

1. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

2. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

The e-zine is going to be awesome!

3. Hayes Preston

Hayes Preston Member

agreed, I am very excited, I was sad about HTT closing, but now it seems like all is well, we have the HTL to chat and the HTT e-zine to enjoy Mike's writting!

4. Ed P

Ed P Member

I had a different reaction and opinion. Not as positive as others, but most likely in my nature.

Ones opinions can not be challanged with an E-zine or Mag-zine as readily as can with a forum. But it is one way to reduce stress and regain enthusiasm for ones efforts.

5. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

I wish Mike great success; his new E-Zine will be an excellent format for him to share his views in a stress-free environment.

Larry

6. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Yep, I think the E-Zine format will fit Mike's personality and allow him an outlet for his opinions and creative juices.

7. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

I agree...I'm sad to see HTT go...but the e-zine sounds wicked...and it's a perfect outlet for Mike's knowledge without having to all of us crap all over it! :p

Way to go Mike, I can't wait to read the first installment!

JL

8. Chris White

Chris White New Member

I predict Mike's site will get a lot of traffic. Mike is very widely known and respected in this community and lots of folks will make it a regular habit to see what's new there. I know I will.

9. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Yeah this is the perfect venue for him...he can say whatever the heck he wants feeling safe that not a soul will be able to post a response to whatever it is he says...a very safe idea for him. :)

10. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

Alfer:

It's a free country and if that is what will make Mike happy (and I suspect it will), then that is precisely what he should do. It may not be an approach you would take, nor is it an approach I would take, but you and I are not Mike. Please bear in mind that he is not doing it for you or me; he is doing it for himself.

If you wil be bothered by his new site, then just don't go there.

Remarkably simple, isn't it?

Larry

11. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Larry did I EVER state the site was a BAD thing...??? NO!....I simply said that it will be much more easier on Mike to go this route because he won't have to deal with all the barbs he used to get via a forum whenever he stated his opinions.

Sorry but I gotta use it: :roll:

12. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

Alfer, do me a favor: Don't insult my intelligence.

13. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Sorry but this too deserves it because you SO have it wrong.... :roll:

I await your apology on this bad assumption...

14. Shane

Shane Active Member

Perfect fit for Mike. I wish him all the best with his efforts. Whatever makes him happy.

15. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

I apologize, as I obviously misunderstood your intent. Sorry 'bout that.

16. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Active Member War Zone Member

I think it will be a transitional thing for Mike. We all know how much he likes "treading the boards". :) He'll be back around and right as rain soon enough.

At least I hope so...

Pete

17. John F

John F Active Member War Zone Member

Larry, you are a bigger man then me.

18. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Thank you Larry....

19. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

Thank you for the compliment John. One of the most important lessons I have learned in life is that it is actually far easier, and ultimately more productive, to admit a mistake than to go through contortions trying to prove you were right when it is obvious to everyone that you were not. Moreover - - and thi is especially true in the work place - - if you admit a mistake it is easy for colleagues (and bosses) to put it behind them and move on, whereas if you don't admit it, it will linger long after the mistake itself.

Larry

20. Alfer

Alfer New Member

For the record I wish Mike only the best in his new adventure and am very happy he found a better suited outlet for him. It will be a fun new read via my daily net surfing. :)