Mindhunter (Fincher/Netflix)

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Steve Wright, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Steve Wright

Steve Wright Active Member War Zone Member

Didn't see anything on this show from David Fincher on Netflix based on the John Douglas novel.

This dramatized version of the foundation of the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit makes for an engaging 10 hours of viewing that had to be watched straight through.

Yes, there is some very bad in the first episode by a character or two, but also some chilling performances by actors portraying real life serial killers.

Must watch!

2. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

We loved this series and hope for more of the same if it returns. Great stuff.

Denton likes this.
  3. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I'm on episode 9... lots of free time after being laid off. :eek:

I found our young FBI agent to be like Mulder with autism spectrum disorder. Recommended.

4. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

Ooo... laid off? I hope this is an acceptable situation or that you have plans to make it so?

5. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I was totally surprised. I guess I have retired... :oops:

6. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

Sorry to hear about the lay off. Being retired is not bad (as long as one can make it financially). I retired once at the beginning of 2002 for about 6 years and after COBRA for 18 months, the cost of medical insurance was going through the roof. So I had to bite the bullet, dumb down the resume (I was over qualified for everything and no one wanted to hire me so I took a job for a few months working for a temp agency) and then got a job with the Feds in the DC area for just under 6 years. With the Feds as long as you are working for 5 or more years and reach age 62, one can leave (not that you get much) with the medical at group rates which is much better than anything I could get insurance wise. Now between that and Medicare (as the prime), it is a huge feeling of relief.

7. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Well, "ain't that a kick in the head".

8. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

Damn. Sorry to hear it... and congratulations. :)