1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

MLB Smack Talk

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Michael M, May 11, 2007.

1. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

Well there sure are a lot of good races going on.

In the AL East I love seeing the Red Sox kicking butt and the Yankees below .500.

In the NL East the Braves and the Mets are neck and neck going back and forth for first place. Lots of funny watching that play out.

Where did Milwaukee come from?!! And where did St. Louis go?!!!

Fun stuff, hopefully a lot of tight races at the end of the season!!

2. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

My A's have been bit hard by the injury bug, but are hanging in there. They have been swapping first place in the division back and forth with the Angels for several weeks now. If they can get even half the guys on the DL back and healthy, they could make a nice June surge.

3. ArtieK

ArtieK New Member

I'm smiling a lot these days, and ain't sayin another word...

4. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

Well, watching the Yankers tank so badly that they literally beg Clemens to come out of retirement is pretty amusing. :D 8)

5. Shane

Shane Active Member

I'd come out of retirement too if someone shoved 28 million in my face and I didn't have to travel.

6. Allen

Allen New Member War Zone Member

MIL had a good young roster last year, but some of those guys (Hardy, Weeks, Fielder, et al) needed another year of experience to really be good. Plus, Cordero has been lights out as a closer, and they added a bit more veteran presence to their SP corps (Suppan - straight from STL to MIL).

Conversely, STL is old and very injured, plus they lost 3/5 of their starting rotation from last year. Carpenter is a HUGE loss to that pitching staff, also to injury. And their offense has been miserable - Pujols, Rolen, and Edmonds are all off to slow starts, and the rest of the lineup doesn't strike fear into any opponent.

7. Buzz Goddard

Buzz Goddard New Member

And then there's the Red Sox... :!:

8. ArtieK

ArtieK New Member

Beckett goes for 8-0 Sunday.