1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Movies revisted and turning them off.

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Michael M, May 27, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

Late last night I sat around a bit bored trying to decide on a movie to watch. I knew I wanted a good action movie with something that would give the ol' IB and my system a workout.

I chose 'The Scorpion King'. Well after about the first 15 minutes I turned it off due to the soundtrack being so far over the top. The bass was very loud and exagerated and things like the sound effects of knives hitting things was way over the top. I didn't remember it being that far over the top. Anyway, it drove me crazy and I shut it off. I guess I wasn't in the mood for it.

Has anyone else gone back and rewatched a movie where you end up turning it off after a short time?

As and aside: I ended up watching 'The Last Samurai'. While it doesn't give the system a workout, I enjoy it due to what T.C.'s character Nathan Algren sees and learns about the honor of being Samurai. Every time I watch that movie I wonder, what the world would be like if we could have that kind of honor today?

2. Tyson

Tyson New Member

I've done it a lot, especially with movies that I have seen many times before, like a good Copolla or Scorsese movie, something like that. I've seen them too many times and once I start it I realize I'm just not ready for another round of it.

3. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member

You should also see Letters from Iwo Jima...

- Steve

4. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

I'll be looking forward to it. I have it coming from Netflix.

5. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

Having been involved in martial arts when I was younger and being fascinated with that culture/lifestyle, I found this a thoroughly enjoyable film. And a tragedy in the true literary sense.

[spoiler:2680720211]When Ken Watanabe's character dies at the end, it was truly a tear-jerking moment for me as a man dies fighting for what he believed in, regardless of the odds. "I shall miss our "conversations..." Wow.[/spoiler:2680720211]