My new company vehicle...

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by E Jones, Jun 15, 2007.

1. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

Picked this up today... 2007 Road King Police model. It still needs to get tour box, emergency lights, graphics and radio. -EJ

[​IMG]

2. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Sweet ride dude.

I especially like the saddle!

8)

3. JeffC

JeffC Active Member War Zone Member

Ha. I didn't make the connection last time. Thanks for your service!

Do you ride for fun too? I heard the new 'Kings are mapped pretty lean for emissions and run pretty warm. I would be interested in your thoughts on it. Is it serviced at HD or at your maintenance facility?

4. chad

chad Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Very nice Eric. I am still looking for that "sweet ride" I looked at an 05 Suzuki Blvd. 1500 the other day and it was very nice. There are not many metric shops around here so I have to take what I can get, but, I have noticed that when I go there NONE of the bikes have aftermarket stuff still on them. Highway Bars, saddle bags (unless they are factory) fairings / windsheilds ( again unless factory) and anything else are gone.

5. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Nice!

6. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

Thanks. I think I have a pretty great job. Where else can you be given a brand new HD that you have to ride and are provided with top training! I do ride for fun too. I don't currently have my own personal bike I figured it probably wouldn't be ridden much and I don't have room for two bikes in my garage.

I've only ridden it about 10 miles so far. I sat in traffic a while yesterday (lots of idling) and it seemed to heat up quite quickly. I need to put some more mileage on it this weekend to get over the initial 50 mile break-in (until then can't go over 50 mph.) It will be maintained through the HD dealer as it's a lease.

Chad - Good luck on the "sweet ride" hunt...

-EJ

7. chad

Do you put people you arrest in the saddlebags?

8. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

Handlebars! :D

-EJ

9. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Sweet! If you ever pull me over, please give me the HTL discount. :)

- Steve

10. chad

11. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

12. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

Very nice. I'd love to have a HD.