1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

My new company vehicle...

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by E Jones, Jun 15, 2007.

1. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

Picked this up today... 2007 Road King Police model. It still needs to get tour box, emergency lights, graphics and radio. -EJ

[​IMG]

2. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Sweet ride dude.

I especially like the saddle!

8)

3. JeffC

JeffC Active Member War Zone Member

Ha. I didn't make the connection last time. Thanks for your service!

Do you ride for fun too? I heard the new 'Kings are mapped pretty lean for emissions and run pretty warm. I would be interested in your thoughts on it. Is it serviced at HD or at your maintenance facility?

4. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Very nice Eric. I am still looking for that "sweet ride" I looked at an 05 Suzuki Blvd. 1500 the other day and it was very nice. There are not many metric shops around here so I have to take what I can get, but, I have noticed that when I go there NONE of the bikes have aftermarket stuff still on them. Highway Bars, saddle bags (unless they are factory) fairings / windsheilds ( again unless factory) and anything else are gone.

5. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Nice!

6. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

Thanks. I think I have a pretty great job. Where else can you be given a brand new HD that you have to ride and are provided with top training! I do ride for fun too. I don't currently have my own personal bike I figured it probably wouldn't be ridden much and I don't have room for two bikes in my garage.

I've only ridden it about 10 miles so far. I sat in traffic a while yesterday (lots of idling) and it seemed to heat up quite quickly. I need to put some more mileage on it this weekend to get over the initial 50 mile break-in (until then can't go over 50 mph.) It will be maintained through the HD dealer as it's a lease.

Chad - Good luck on the "sweet ride" hunt...

-EJ

7. chad

Do you put people you arrest in the saddlebags?

8. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

Handlebars! :D

-EJ

9. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Sweet! If you ever pull me over, please give me the HTL discount. :)

- Steve

10. chad

11. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

12. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

Very nice. I'd love to have a HD.