1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

My new speakers are coming Monday....

Discussion in 'Hardware Lounge' started by Max Yokell, May 22, 2007.

1. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Sure I don't have a room for them yet and am getting them delivered to my office, but they should be here next Monday....

[​IMG]
    Rocket RS 850 Signature

[​IMG]
    RSC 200 Signature Center

[​IMG]
    4 RS 250 MKII for surrounds side and rear.

I am anxious to see them.

They will be paired with the TWO SVS Ultra 13s scene in my other post.

Now I just need to work a deal on a new house. :roll:

Max

2. Tyson

Tyson New Member

Awesome.

I've always wondered how those tall ones would sound.

3. Brian S

Brian S New Member

Very nice Max! Long time no see :)

4. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

I've heard some Rockets, although I don't think they were the 850's, and those would play excellently at high volumes.

5. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Pretty... :)

6. Max Yokell

Tom which ones were they the 750's? They are the reason I am taking the leap of faith and getting this whole set up as I used to have a setup with some 750s as the mains.

They could handle playing loud, but they could handle soft well and the bass was just tight. I would never have expected those small woofers even with several of them could play so low and tight.

The tweeter always sounded sweet to me as well.

I am a little nervous about the 850s because they add a mid range into the equation and I remember when I went shopping for my Klipsch Speakers I liked the Legend series sound, but actually found the KLF 10's to be more appealing to my ears then the 20's or 30's which had the mid range drivers in them.

Though I have heard this are well integrated so I took a chance.

Brian,
    Yeah good to see you around, maybe once I get the new house (Find one) and set up the theater room you could swing on by and check it all out. :)

Max

7. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

I'm not sure, but that's my first guess. Maybe Dre remembers what they are, I know he's heard them also. I didn't mean to imply that they didn't do soft well at all, but I was really amazed at how clean they sounded when played loud - much louder than I listen for any length of time.

8. Brian S

Brian S New Member

I'd love to Max. I'm going to send you a PM so check your inbox.

9. Good Luck and congrats with your new speakers Max!

10. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

What merc said! :)

11. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Very similar to what I have, except I have the Sig 1000s up front and the dipole surrounds.

A bit of advice. The RSC 200 is a beautiful speaker, but the glossy top is very reflective. You may want to go ahead and pick up some black velvet material that you can place on top of the speaker so any reflections coming from your screen or projector are not too distracting while watching your system.

12. Max Yokell

Well it never bothered me when I had one on an RPTV, but I guess it might when in a projector setup.

So you have the 1000s? How do you like them? I went with the 850's because I generally don't think subs built into speakers are a good idea.

So how do you like the sound, I remember the 750s sounded pretty sweet and I am hoping te 850's improve on this sound.

Max

13. Max Yokell

Oh BTW Monday is a holiday so I just had to push delievery back to wed.

But I did make an offer on a house today. :)

Max

14. Dan S.

Dan S. New Member

Max- Congrats! I can't wait to see what you have to say about these as I have been considering them as an upgrade option.

15. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

CONGRATS!!!

16. Chris White

Chris White New Member

Very nice and a BIG upgrade (ok, I admit I'm not a big K fan). I look forward to reading your review.

17. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

If the 850's don't work out, Max, I'll trade you for my 750's. I'll even provide transportation. :wink:

BTW, do you have enough power? :?:

18. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

Denton is a helluva guy, always looking out for other people. ;)

19. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

We aim to please (and so does Louise!), so don't fight arms, get side arms at Ace Guns! *

*another obscure reference

20. Max Yokell

Enough power? I thought this were fairly efficient speakers, maybe not quite like the Klipschs but actually close in the ratings number.

But yeah I will be buying a new receiver sometime this summer when the right HDMI versions are out. :) I am leaning toward Denon or Onkyo but am waiting patiently.

Max