1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

My own private Spidey afternoon!

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Randy Rhoton, May 17, 2007.

1. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Today the local single screen theater had an adults only 1 pm matinee for Spidey 3. Was surprised at what was essentially a private screening. One other person in the audience. Having read others comments for and against, I must say, I liked it. Lots of action, great CGI, very few points against. It's a comic book film, not Citizen Kane. I will be picking up the disc. And I think Kirsten Dunst is still hot.

Other fun notes, the owner (nice lady) cooked up a batch of popcorn just for me. The other patron didn't want any. Said if I wanted more, and she wasn't around the lobby, just take it. You betcha. Topped off my drink, too. And afterward, I went upstairs to thank her for running it, and got a quick show around of the projection room.

Also saw the trailers for POTC 3, and the next Harry Potter. Both look way fun. Have never read, or wanted to, any of the Potter books, but have enjoyed the movies when HBO had them on. This one looks to be even better than the others. A must see in the theater.

Being retired does have it's moments! :D :D

2. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

Sounds like a wicked afternoon Randy...I'm envious...a whole theater to yourself...that's awesome.

JL

PS> If you liked the Potter movies...I would definitely recommend reading the books...they are a good read too...very well written for what they are, essentially kids books, but I could never put them down.

3. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Forgot also, the trailer for F4 with the Silver Surfer was shown. That also looks like a must see popcorn flick to me. And I grew out of comics even before Surfer debuted. Barely remember F4.

Jason, might just have to try the Potter books. Although I have over a hundred books on hand that I haven't read yet.

And the lady who owns the place said not to worry about the excess popcorn. She bags the leftovers and a women who has geese picks it up for feed.

4. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

Really sounds like a neat little place Randy...try the books...you'll like em'...

J