1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

My Weekend ...

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Colton, May 14, 2007.

1. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

or How I Stopped Worrying And Learned To Love Magical Brownies.

Oh, my God ... what a weekend.

Our cousin, MaryJane* brought over a batch of "magical brownies" for a night of happiness and bliss. My wife and I have never tried "magical brownies" before, so I had absolutely no idea what to expect. Let me tell ya, it's like nothing I've ever known ...

It started off pretty simple. Ate one. Felt nothing. Ate two. Nothing. Ate three and four. What a load of crap. Maybe I'm one of those people who are immune or something. Riiiight. By my eighth brownie, I was gone ... and I knew it. My wife, on the other hand, spent the whole evening in denial. We spent hours trying to convience her she was "there". So, the first part of the evening was spent trying to make the others believe it's working and the other half of the evening watching them pretend they're normal. What a laugh. Most of the time is spent going in and out of reality.

Time really slows down and that's plenty of time to do some really stupid shit. I remember going around the house opening and closing windows. Blowing out candles. Paranoid that the others might wander outside and get lost. Just doing really dumb stuff. We watched "Sid & Nancy" and had a great laugh. I think I probably laughed all evening. See, I believe there's two types of people in the world - those who have this happy effect and those who don't. Kinda like when some people drink - they either are a happy drunk or they get quiet and moody or mean. I know what group I fall in.

Now, I'm a realist ... or try to be in this situation and I know that in this condition NOONE should be driving anywhere. So, wouldn't you know that MaryJane* decides she wants to drive home around 3:30 a.m. ... there's no fucking way I'm going to let that happen. I'm not one to start a confrontation, but I was going to try to do everything I could to prevent her from getting behind the wheel. Responsibility and "magical brownies" do not go hand in hand. So, after spending an hour trying to convience her to just sleep it off on the couch - she still wants to drive home. I do the only reasonable thing I could think of ... I grab her keys and run to the bedroom and lock the door. Both my wife and MaryJane* pounding on the door to get the keys. I don't give in. See, I know drug real from real real. They give up and retreat to the living room. I didn't want to stay locked in the bedroom all night, so I hid the keys and wandered back into the living room. She asked for her keys again, and I tell her that I flushed them down the toilet. It was the only thing I could think of to keep them from searching for her keys all night.

Guess what she does next ... can you guess? She calls the cops. LOL! Yeah, she does. I'm asleep in bed and the police come over and wake me up. They KNOW and we talk in private.

"What's the story?"
    "We ate some brownies."
    "Oh, yeah? Okay."
    "I couldn't let her drive home in this condition."
    "I see. Who made the brownies?"
    "MaryJane* did."
    "Okay, we'll have a chat with MaryJane*."

They take her outside and talk for about thirty minutes and come back in.

"Where's the brownies?"
    (I point to kitchen)
    "We're going to throw those in the garbage disposal. Any other drugs in the house?"
    "No, officer."
    "Okay, well, we aren't going to take you guys to jail. MaryJane won't be driving anywhere tonight. Just sleep it off."

I return to bed and try to sleep and at some point I finally drift off. I awake and MaryJane* is gone. My wife tells me she called her boyfriend to come pick her up and that she was so mad that I didn't give her the keys last night. Whatever. It's better that she's mad than dead or had killed someone else. I know I did the right thing. I believe I did. Yeah, maybe she could have made it home ... who knows. I wasn't going to take that chance.

Anyhow, the whole next day was spent coming down. My God, this lasts forever. I'm still totally buzzed and have no motivation what-so-ever. The whole day my wife and I wait for MaryJane* to return and get her car. She never does. Around 10:00 pm - I think she finally comes around. I don't know what was said because I was asleep, but her car was gone. If she's still mad at me - that's okay ... I can live with that instead of going to her funeral.

What a weekend!!!

2. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

Good job Colton...but you were trying to be "rational" with someone that had just released rationality...that may have played into her reaction. But nice to see you didn't give in to her...need more people in the world to do that.

Bravo.

Jason

3. Colton

Sadly, I was hoping the evening would have been spent talking about intellectual things ... God, the Universe, Life, etc ... maybe even find a cure for cancer. Shit. It could have been great! Jeez. To call the cops because she believed I flushed her keys down the toilet is proof in itself that she was in no condition to drive. How fucking stupid is that? I mean, doesn't that just strike you as "not smart"? What did she expect to happen when they showed up? Fucking sucked.

Totally ruined my high and brought me doooown.

4. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan New Member

So Colton are you going Harold Fine on us? :lol:
    Alice B. Toklas

5. Who'd have guessed that "magic brownies" could make someone more responsible than they otherwise really are? :lol:
    jk Colton. :D

PS - now, you can look forward to a police drug raid in about a month... :p

6. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member

Sounds like your brownies may have been laced with something? Have you sought medical attention?

7. Colton

LOL! No, I don't think I'll pursuit that kind of lifestyle. It was a one-time experiment and have no desire to try it again.

8. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Active Member War Zone Member

What I want to know is what was in those brownies because what you described sounds more like an acid trip then getting stoned on pot brownies. :) (Damn they need a smile with bloodshot eyes)

Max

9. NathanP

NathanP New Member

That's pretty funny Colton..

I still get freaked out when I hear about "adults" smoking pot. It just seems like something that only the under 25 crowd does.

Interestingly, the Marijuana today is much different from that of even 15 years ago. The THC content has gone up exponentially.. Marijuana of the 70's had something like 5-15% THC, where nowadays it can be as much as 100%.

Some people beleive marijuana can make you paranoid schitzophrenic.

10. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Yeah, people believe a lot of things...

[​IMG]

11. Colton

Well, from what I was told - when weed is marinated in butter and sits overnight and then strained it creates a much stronger effect than weed that is smoked. Of course, the effect takes longer (one or two hours) with hash brownies whereas smoking weed has a immediate effect. I would say the hash brownie effect lasted 10 hours - if not longer. I can't really tell you more than that. I didn't bake it and have no idea what the source of the weed was from. For a first-timer, I think I handled myself quite well. It's a shame that the others couldn't keep their shit together.

12. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member

it could have been worst, you could have woken up with a dildo up your ass and video flying around the internet. :lol:

13. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Active Member War Zone Member

I always love how people that weren't around in the 70's throw out a figure like this. I will admit to having been a pot smoker in the late 70's and early 80's and occasional user through the late 80s and early 90's and a much much less occasional user from the mid 90's until now. I mean I won't buy the stuff and don't look for it but every now and again an old friend my pull something out, I don't usually go all choir boy and refuse to help.

I have yet to see some super strain of stuff like Nathan is talking about but yes I have seen the hydroponic stuff and the krypto stuff and all that and it is just good high quality stuff, there was good stuff back in the 70's as well even if there was lots of dirt weed as well. There was Gainesville green in the 70's and early 80's and many different variations so if your are trying to say there is stuff a lot stronger then the average dirt weed of the 70s well yes there is, but there was then as well.

14. Buzz Goddard

Buzz Goddard New Member

I know we type LOL and use smilies but I literally laughed out loud!

How about it Colton!!??
    Umm, uh, on second thought, never mind...

15. Graeme

Graeme Active Member War Zone Member

Hmmm, that long of a high is pretty abnormal, even from brownies. Of course, since you disposed of the extras, I guess you can't test it again just to make sure. :)

Graeme

16. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member

he can do like cheech and chong they followed their down for a few days until it pooped and smoked it. :twisted:

17. Colton

I'm sure that video is still on YouTube. Search for "Colton ass dildo". ;)

18. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Good thing you don't have a job that does random drug tests like we do!

19. Colton

Truth.

20. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

re: pot is more potent now than then. This is a myth. Can you say Thai Stick?