Name this Song

Discussion in 'Music Lounge' started by Kevin, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Kevin

Kevin Active Member War Zone Member

It's time to revive this game that we used to play on HTT so here's the 1st one in tribute to a member of this band who recently died at the age of 61[he wrote this song btw]......Took my fam'ly away from my Carolina home had dreams about the west and started to roam.

2. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

The man who put the chunka-chunka in MTB, and wrote a couple of their very best songs.

3. Kevin

Right you are....now guess the song.[it's one of his better known songs btw]

4. Denton

The song was written in hopes of being placed on Charlie Daniels break-through record "Fire on the Mountain". :wink: That didn't happen but the song was a big hit for the Tucker Band.

5. Kevin

We have a winner!.......George McCorkle RIP.

6. Kevin

Ok here's a tougher one......BB Bumble and the stingers;Martha Hooper;Ray Charles singers Lonne Mac and Twangin' Eddie;Here's my ring:we're goin steady.[just remember this song was sung real fast hint hint]......here's another line from the song.....At the end of my rainbow lies a golden oldie.

7. Jim Armstrong

Jim Armstrong New Member

That is a tough one Kevin.
    Here's another clue and some interesting trivia:
    A "customized" version of the song was the last rock 'n roll song played on the Larry Lujack show on WCFL in Chicago on 3-15-76 before the station switched from top 40 to a beautiful music format.

8. Kevin

While i'm thinking of it here's one that i'd started back at HTT that nobody got but i'll post again......Everybody here is out of sight They don't bark, and they don't bite They keep things loose,they keep things light.[this song came out around the same time as the other one 1973 it reached #13 on the Billboard top 100 that year too]

9. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

kevin:

I don't know the artist but the song title is DitM-L.

Larry

10. Kevin

The artist was King Harvest[it was their only hit single].

11. Kevin

It's time for another one....so here goes......Baby there's an enormous crowd of people they're all after my blood I wish maybe they'd tear down the walls of this theatere Let me out,let me out.....there ya go.

12. Kevin

That song was The Show Must Go On by Three Dog Night btw......time for another one......Working starts to make me wonder where the fruits of what I do are going he says in love and war all is fair But he's got cards he ain't showing.

13. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

14. Kevin

you got it.

15. Kevin

It's time for another pretty easy one.....Madman drummers bummers,Indians in the summer with a teenage diplomat in the dumps with the mumps as the adolescent pumps his way into his hat with a boulder on my shoulder feelin' kind've older I tripped the merry go round.

16. Denton

"BBTL"

BTW, the writer and his band announced a tour. :yes:

17. Kevin

Bingo.

18. Kevin

And here's another one......With a pair of heavy-duty zircon-encrusted tweezers in my hand every other wrangler would say I was mighty grand.

19. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Ooo I love this game and I miss it.

Kevin, your last one is FZ, one of my favorite tunes of his, M.

Here's a couple of relatively easy ones:

1. It's alright if you love me, it's alright if you don't. I'm not afraid of you runnin' away honey I get the feeling you won't.

2. When I'm with you, it doesn't matter where we are, or what we're doing. I'm with you, that's all that matters.

and a little harder one:

3. Teddy sniffing glue, he was 12 years old, fell from the roof on East Two-Nine. Cathy was 11 when she pulled the plug on 26 reds and a bottle of wine.

20. Denton

Surprisingly, I know number 1. :tu: