1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

New Galaxy S7 Edge

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Ron-P, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Finally got rid of Apple, I know there are lots of fans, but I am not. Made the switch yesterday and went from Verizon to T-Mobile. So far so good. If anyone has any tweaks, settings or any other crap to share I'm all ears...

2. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Active Member War Zone Member

Best thing we ever did was switch to T-Mobile.

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

It has proven itself to be a great move. Great coverage, even in spots Verizon sucked. Much better rates, unlimited data plus a $450 rebate for porting over 3 lines. So glad to be done with Verizon, both home and wireless.

4. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I've thought about going to Tmo, but at work we are behind a big ass hill and on the first floor (luckily where i'm not) signal is non-existent. 2nd floor is fine. I have co-workers on Tmo who HAVE to use wifi calling if they are going to use their phone, and have to register a guest account on the guest wi-fi each week to do so. For a place I spend 8 hours a day, I'm "fine" on vzw.

Additionally, a two phone account on Tmo One paying monthly fees for 2 phones is no cheaper than what I pay monthly on vzw with corp discounts (which the discounts don't apply on tmo).

What didn't work/didn't you like about the iphone, and what model did you have? I'm done with Samsung, so unless the pixel 2 is something to write home about I may get an Iphone 7 plus when the 8 comes out and prices go down. Touchwiz is shit IMO.

5. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Got a 7+ yesterday, stayed ATT. We considered jumping ship to T-Mobile but our coverage area err lack of coverage area it just wasn't there. Heck we're still limited to 1 high speed provider where I live and they top out at 25 down.

6. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

I had a 6+, my wife still does. I've just never been an Apple person, too limited on things you can do with them as your locked into just Apple. Just try and convert a song you downloaded to a ring tone, holy shit, took me about an hour. Having to go into iTunes, dragging it to my desk top, converting the file, putting it back into iTunes, loading it to my phone. That was just one grip. After about a year the touch screen started failing and I'd have to reboot it dozens of times a day in the end.

Not sure about that wifi calling only, ours don't do that. I'd have your coworkers look into that. Not being able to use your cell phone for calls because it's not using wifi, there's something else going on there.