New Star Trek series....with a catch

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Randy Rhoton, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Active Member Top Poster

Apps are the future of TV

3. Zak

Zak Active Member War Zone Member

I can see this being the future but it's a bit annoying right now. I can't stand, and I seem to be one of the few my age like this, having to download a plethora of apps to watch shows and have a number of subscriptions to maintain. If it were available via Netflix or Amazon i'd watch it and if it were free on CBS's service. If I need to pay for it, then i'll pass. Being CBS i could see this as beeing free with commercials.

I find myself not always knowing what I want to watch and the on demand services really don't help. Browsing them is not great and if I dont know what I want to watch then searching is no help. Sometimes I just like to surf the channesl and see what's on though I cannot remember the last time I watched anything on CBS/Fox/NBC/ABC that was not sports related.

4. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

But here in the present they are just a pain in the ass. :td:

Max Yokell likes this.
  5. Shane

Shane Active Member

Not if you are cutting the cord. Necessary evil.

6. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Kelly's car wouldn't start today and she called me to pick her up and take her to work. Then she tried again and it started so I had to pick her up at the shop. Classic weak battery, more amps after warming up.

So I pick her up from work and we are waiting for her daughter to get out of school and she asks me to google up the repairs shop's phone number.

Sorry dear, I don't have my phone, it's "home alone"

Unless I'm out of town my phone is not with me. I like it like that - :)

7. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Trailer is up, looks awesome...

Jason Lorette and Max Yokell like this.
  8. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

Can't bloody wait...the streaming thing though is very unfortunate...not even sure I can get it in Canada. If it was on Netflix, fine...but don't make me pay for another service.

9. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

$5.99/Month...

10. Dustin B

Dustin B Active Member War Zone Member

Available 24hrs after airing on CBS on Netflix in 100s of countries except the US and Canada.

11. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

So this isn't a TV show then, right? Its a web-series?

12. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

It's almost time, so hope this is good. Everything that I've seen so far says so... Love the new credits intro...

13. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Not apps, Kodi boxes are. Watch anything, anytime, for free. It's what I do. No fees, not subscriptions, HD quality feeds. It's the only way to TV.

14. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Loved it! Better then all the others before it sans the original series.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

15. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Seeing Ron come here and tell us how much he loved it only makes sense...

I came away feeling like Zach Snyder got a hold of the ST franchise and decided to F'it up like he did the DCEU by deciding it needed to be dark and dirty and grity. ST was always supposed to have a bright outlook to show us there was a chance at a great future, it was never meant to be Mad Max in space.

I came away feeling like this did not feel like Trek. I might end up liking it but this seems an odd turn for Star Trek.

16. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Max. Are you watching The Orville? To me it is so reminiscent of the original series with MacFarlane fart jokes.

17. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

We watched the first episode of Discovery last night. Meh. Not interesting or well-produced enough to cough up another streaming service subscription fee. Maybe in a couple years when it's on DVD I'll check it out. And since I detest Seth MacFarland I have no interest in his spoof.

Carl Johnson likes this.
  18. jasn

jasn Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Ron, what are you using for a PVR & tuner?

19. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

I bought a Kodi box off Amazon for $99 about a year ago. It's about all we use now. Even live boxing sports are available, for free, not that I'm a fan but this box gets everything and no monthly fees.

20. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

As for the show, so much better than I thought. Much like the JJ films which I love. TNG, Voyager, DS9 we're all terrible Trek, I did not care for them at all. I'll check out the Oriville tho, seems super cheesy so I didn't bother.