1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Nice work guys!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by CJ, May 11, 2007.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

OK, I'm trying to get out of the host if that was "us" or just a glitch. We shall see... Cross your fingers...

2. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Make sure you didn't hit a bandwidth limitation already...

3. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Yep, I'm looking into it.

4. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

I've been told twice now that its not "my account" so I guess we'll see. I'm sure hosts use the "gmail approach". Give 'em 1000GB of bandwidth a month, they're not going to use more than 1GB...

5. DYohn

That's good. But yea, the "promise 1000 but count on them using 1" thing is common, especially if the site is on a shared server. The SERVER might be capable of 1000Gb, but how many sites are sharing it? It can be other accounts on the same machine getting hit hard that slow you down too. But that's the nature of this game! :)

6. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Yep.

7. DYohn

Tell 'em they need to unclog their tubes.

8)

8. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I must have missed whatever happened, but isn't there some sort of internet tube roto-rooter service you can get to help unclog those tubes and keep the internets running quickly, I would not want to see the internet I use for e-mail slow down and I sure don't want to see the internet that this board is on start slowing down.

So everybody remember to clear your internet tubes when you are done.

Max

10. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

Didn't this all happen about the time merc joined???? hhmmmmmm :lol:

11. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    (that was my concern as well....I was worried that the problem was due to the process of my IP being blocked.) :wink: :lol: (end nervous laughter)