NRPS Lives !! (and Live)

Discussion in 'Music Lounge' started by TimB, Jun 11, 2007.

1. TimB

TimB New Member

One of my favorite bands from the late 60's and early 70's - The New Riders of the Purple Sage - have reformed and are touring. They'll be at the Lincoln Theater (Raleigh) June 22. Original David Nelson (lead vocals and guitar) and long-timer Buddy Cage (pedal steel when Jerry Garcia was busy and after he left) are with them, along with Michael Falzarano from Hot Tuna.

Why the $*&^ do all these have to be right after surgery :x I hope there is a wheelchair section ... probably won't be an appropriate smoking section :wink:

2. TerryR

TerryR Member

Ah, here it is! I had never heard their first album or any of the songs before - most excellent. Anything else in their catalog you would recommend?

Looks like the closest they are coming to me is Chicago.

3. TimB

TimB New Member

You probably have their best, but try this one d83781tk3vp.jpg
    and this one
    d12437036o9.jpg

4. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

"Panama Red". Now there's a song that brings back memories I can't recall.

5. Jason P

Jason P Member War Zone Member

This is excellent news. They are coming to Edmonton which is about two hours away from me in November. Think I might take the old man to it for a birthday present. Thanks Tim!

6. TimB

TimB New Member

The bad news turns good ... they are still not ready to operate again, so I am ambulatory Friday night, and heading to this show.
    Well, of course ... since we know that he'll steal your woman then he'll rob your head. :doh:

7. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Attention Tampa area members!

The current lineup of NRPS will hit Skipper's 9/22/07 so mark your calendar. They will also play two nights at the Bamboo Room in Lake Worth (WPB). Could be a good chance to be a lonesome LA cowboy for a couple of hours. :p