1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Oh Dear God

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Mike Parent, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

:shock:

This is horrific:
    Story

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

That's horrible. I wonder if they can reattach them? God I hope 6 Flags has good insurance. I'm against frivolous lawsuits but having your feet cut OFF is not expected risk of riding an amusement park ride.

3. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

Sweet jesus...wow...that's terrible. I hope they can save them....

4. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Man that's nuts...they said a cable broke and snapped upward and hit some of the people and wrapped around the girls feet I guess..I'm sure she'll be well compensated for by the park..

On a side note...they found some scholars witnesses though:

5. RicP

RicP New Member

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park in Louisville, Kentucky

:)

6. Alfer

Alfer New Member

:lol: :lol:

7. Stefan

Stefan Active Member War Zone Member

That's awful. I have always hated those freefall rides but my wife loves them. I will have to send this to her. I am guessing this cable was some sort of "safety" device to prevent the ride from crashing to the ground.

Stefan

8. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Sure sounded like it...

9. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I am not suprised. Kentucky Kindgom is only a few hours from here and I have been there a couple of times and it all mostly looks like carnival type rides. Nothing super safe looking.

10. Drew Mitten

Drew Mitten New Member

OMG! That is wack. I hope they can get her fixed up. Dear Lord. Freak Accident.

11. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

Maybe they'll compensate her with a free season pass ... or free drink.

12. CJ

13. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

Isn't it standard procedure to check every ride EVERY DAY for wear and tear? I think someone wasn't doing their job to inspect each ride. :?

14. CJ

I don't think that statement at all implies that they weren't doing maintenance or inspection. Its policy (and probably law) to do a full investigation after this sort of thing. It will be like the forensics work done at a crime scene. What went wrong, when and why?