1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

On the Lot

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Alfer, May 25, 2007.

1. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Anyone watching this on Fox?

I DVR's the first two episodes and so far my wife and I are enjoying it.

I so wanted to make movies since I was an early teen and this show is a fun way to watch others go after their dreams of making movies.

Looking forward to watching the rest of the series.

2. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

I was going too...I too would love to be in/make movies...but now that the rest of my shows are done...I take a much needed TV break for the summer.

3. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

I'm watching it. Haven't viewed the second episode yet. I figure with Mark Burnett and Spielberg involved it's gotta be pretty good.

4. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

We enjoyed the first ep, but apparently it's already tanking in the ratings. Not looking good.

5. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

And it's on Fox? The hell you say! 8)

6. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Wow last night was loooooooooong and drawn out...thank goodness for the DVR!! I hit FF a lot in between the fluff..just jumped to each movies..

Man a lot of them SUCKED.

I think my wife and I only dug four of the 18.

Contestant film #7 was one, then the SpecialFX kids was good, the one girl that all the judges loved was pretty good, and I think the one from the father of two kids was ok....

Man that poor guyu who apparently used what looked like a mentally challenged "nerd" got SLAMMED...and that "no film school" Kenny guy's film sucked...he'll be gone for sure...as will most of the woman I think.

No way this show will be back after this bried summer run, but I'll hang with it as summer fill in time killer.

7. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

I've been watching. Saw the first two episodes haven't watched last night yet. One thing I like about the show is they extend onto the website. You can watch all of the 2 minute shorts from ep. 2 online.

-EJ

8. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Wow last nights batch of movies pretty much sucked ass....ESPECIALLY the tree movie..WOW that was aweful...you could see the tears welling up in the girl when the judges basically said "man that sucked".

The only hopeful for the most part is the Zach SFX guy and MAYBE a couple more folks...the rest just plain suck.

Oh and if the show plans on doing a horror theme soon, why bring Wes Craven on now???