One Week in Sedona, AZ

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Troy Seufert, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

So, the wife and I will be in Sedona for a week starting this Friday. We already have a day scheduled to visit the Grand Canyon. We are taking the train. She's never been on one...and she's never been to the GC so that should be a nice treat for her.

We are also planning on doing some hiking.

Apart from that, does anyone have any good hiking recommendations, shops, restaurants, etc?

2. hgroff

hgroff New Member

Having grown up in Arizona, but living in Texas, I am totally envious of your trip. Sedonna is a very cool place, and the Grand Canyon is spectacular. Are you going to hike inside the canyon? I recommend Havasupai (spelling?) falls, every couple hundred feet a new water fall drops a hundred feet, etc. very cool (no pun intended) but the water is rather cold, but refreshing. Enjoy!

3. Shane

Shane Active Member

My wife went there years back and loved it. I haven't been so I would appreciate a trip report when you get back.

4. Matt Johnson

Matt Johnson New Member

You HAVE to take the Pink Jeep tour...it is an awesome 4x4 ride and it actually goes to where the jeep commercial was filmed...lot's of fun.

5. TimB

TimB New Member

Ooooooh !

I have only been there for a day when in Phoenix on business a couple years ago, and really knew nothing about it when I arrived, but fell in love with the place. I am not necessarily a subscriber to the new age folklore of crystals and mysticism, but this is definitely a very unusual and powerful place. I can't really articulate it, but I had a feeling of serenity and well-being there that I have never had anywhere else I have been.

Enjoy!

6. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

Well, we had a fantastic time last week in Sedona. Just trying to get used to being back in a tiny cubicle in an office building. Ugh. I'll try and work up a trip report between sifting through a multitude of e-mails.

7. Allen

Allen New Member War Zone Member

Troy:
    did you take any pictures you can post?