1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Onkyo Integra's new HDMI 1.3 prepro: $1600?

Discussion in 'Hardware Lounge' started by Shane, May 25, 2007.

1. Shane

Shane Active Member

I was browsing around and noticed on another thread that Onkyo Integra is bringing out a new HDMI 1.3 prepro. The Pre Pro will be based on the Onkyo 905 receiver. This includes the Realta scaler, the multiple hdmi 1.3 ins and outs, DTS HD, DTS Master HD Lossless, Dolby True HD, THX Neutral Surround etc etc etc.

No word on price but if history is any indication expect $3k-$4k.

2. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member

I love Onkyo products. I have never laid out the loot for the Integra products, actually I have never paid more than $600 for any receiver and I doubt I ever will. My current 7.1 piece was under $300 and I am happy with it. I will probably upgrade in the near future to one along the same lines but with HDMI as well because as much as I did not want to, I think a BLU player is in my not so distant future. I love my A2 but lack of material is upsetting and I don't but SD titles much anymore. Since I purchased my A2, I have only gotten Pans Labrinth, Little Miss Sunshine and a few others. My wife on the other hand could care less and continues to buy them on a regular basis. She is kind of mad in a "teasing" way that I did not get BLU to begin with just because of the software they have out there but she is oblivious to the format war.

3. Phil Rose

Phil Rose Member

4. Shane

Shane Active Member

Wow, 1600 seems too good to be true.

5. Matt J_S

Matt J_S New Member

I love my Integra DTR-9.1U2 Its been a work horse for me and I love the sound. However if I were to ever go the route of a reciever again at this price point I'd get nothing less than the DTR 10.5 which is a great design and future proofed.

6. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Probably too rich for my blood but I like that these products seem to be hitting the market pretty soon.

7. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Active Member War Zone Member

But like I asked in the other thread, it seems these are all repeater tech HDMI's is it true the cable can not be longer then 15' to the display?

Anyone got anywhere to read up on this that is concise and to the point.

Max

8. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Ah, remember that discussion from HTT but had forgotten about the issue.

9. Chris White

Chris White New Member

The Integra looks like fantastic for $1600. If I could get a decent price for my Ref 31, I'd be interested.

10. Phil Rose

Phil Rose Member

Matt,
    Do you know if the DTR 10.5 has had any hardware updates since the platform was released? I was intrigued by the Integra Research RDC-7.1 (which is the same basic platform as the DTR 10.5) but it kind of seemed, to me at least, that Onkyo/IR lost interest after the initial introduction. It would seem logicial that O/IR would announce updated modules and software for their flagship modular products at around the same time as an entirely new line of fixed function units if they were serious about maintaining the platform. :?: :cry:

11. Matt J_S

Matt J_S New Member

Phil,

I can't answer that question since I don't own the 10.5, I would assume you could find out more by emailing Integra.

However as good a concept as the 10.5 is I don't think its worth the money. Your going to spend $5K for a reciever which could be better invested in seperates.

I won't be buying another reciever until a move to seperates at which time you can find several manufacturers that can supply upgradable components.

12. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Active Member

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already- but when is the Integra pre/pro going to be out- sometime soon after these receivers I hope (as in- this year??) 8)

-Dennis

13. Dennis Pagoulatos

Looks like 3rd week of July is when it will start appearing at dealers- not sure about buying Integra stuff online...

-Dennis

14. Shane

Shane Active Member

Generally you can't because it's dealer restricted.

15. Chris White

Chris White New Member

Dennis, did where ever you read about the July 21 street date say anything about price?

16. Dennis Pagoulatos

Nope, I just saw a casual mention of the street date on the avs thread linked earlier in this thread- just go to the last couple of pages and it is mentioned. I didn't read all 25 pages to see if anyone confirmed the street price- but at $1600 (if true), it has me very interested.

That said, I might be willing to wait until Outlaw comes up with their (sure to be stellar) pre-pro, hopefully 1Q 2008 after CES.

-Dennis