1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Paramour vs Paramount

Discussion in 'Hardware Lounge' started by Jason P, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Jason P

Jason P Member War Zone Member

2. Saurav

Saurav Active Member War Zone Member

I built their preamp and loved it, and have heard good things about all their products. Bottlehead know what they're doing, IMO. You can't go wrong with either one.

3. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

System pairing is 'paramount'.
    In other words what speakers do you intend to pair
    with these low powered single ended amps?
    What sort of environemnt...the room?
    What sort of msuic to you like & at what levels?

I'm assuming you know the +/- of this sort of system.

YOU need to spend some time hearing the differences
    between these Tubes...because none are pure, neutral
    true to the source output tubes....imho. All color the
    sound in a unique & appealing manner. YOU, need to
    decide if you're a WE 300B sorta guy or a 2A3 sorta guy
    or a 45 kinda fellow.

4. Jason P

Jason P Member War Zone Member

I will be pairing the amps with some sort of Fostex horn system I will be building, have not decided exactly yet. I am not a real loud listener, so the power is not a real concern to me.

I have not heard any SET amps to date, so I dont know what type I would prefer. My only tube experience is with a Dynaclone I built, but I do enjoy the sound of it. I am thinking perhaps the Paramount is the better choice as it would allow me to try both the 300B and the 2A3, you can order an option which includes both sets of tubes, and everything you need to convert from one to another.