1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Paris, Je T' Aime

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Ron-P, May 22, 2007.

1. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

2. Saurav

Saurav Active Member War Zone Member

Wow. What a cool concept. It could be incredible if they manage to pull it off. Definitely going to keep an eye out for that one. Thanks for posting this.

3. Shane

Shane Active Member

The director list is something to behold on that. It should be quite interesting.

4. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

I just finished this, a very enjoyable piece of work. I loved most of the stories and they are well shot, well acted and we get to see parts of Paris that are not usually shown on film.

5. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I have been looking forward to watching this. For some reason, she keeps bringing back junk like The War and Rush Hour 3.

6. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Saw this at the theater last year....thought I posted on it...perhaps HTT.

Nonetheless, I really wanted to like this. I walked away a little let down.
    The concept had potential & certainly piqued my interest. The list of people involved whetted my cinematic appetite.....but for me the it just missed the
    mark. YMMV.

For those who might be so inclined here are some other french films
    that might interest some:
    The Choir.
    Two men on a Train.

These were well rec'vd at the theaters & in the press.

7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Active Member

This was my blurb on it, when I saw it a few months ago. I felt a bit like you did Carl:

PARIS JE T'AIME (2007-DVD) 6.5: Twenty different directors each present a short film to show off Paris as the City of Lights and Love. With a mere 5 or 6 minutes to work with, most segments are nothing more than scenes that leave you wanting. The city does look beautiful and a handful of stories hit the mark, particularly those by Alexander Payne, The Coen Brothers and Tom Tykwer. On the whole, its like going into a great French restaurant and ordering 20 appetizers. You may be full when you are done, but somehow you still miss having a main course.

8. chad

I ordered a couple of movies the other day ( Nick and Norah for me, Ghost Town for Nikki) and found this for $16 at Amazon so I picked it up. It was delivered yesterday so I hope to watch it this weekend.

9. Rick C

Rick C Member

This movie in a boxed set is on sale this week at best buy real cheap! I picked one up but have not watched it yet.

10. chad

OK, so we watched it on V-Day. We were both a little pissed off because the Blu does not have an english dub OR english subtitles, only SDH so, that's annoying. Otherwise, it was an OK movie. I may have liked it more had I been able to really follow everything that was going on. The stories were good.

11. Rick C

Rick C Member

We watched it on V day as well. It was nice taking a short trip in the city. One benefit of the film setup is that if you did not enjoy one of the short films you knew there was another new one coming along immediately. The different contrasting film and acting styles were interesting to watch. My favorite short film was the one in the subway station.

12. chad

I enjoyed that one too. I believe it was by Joel and Ethan Cohen. Nikki enjoyed the vamprie one. The only one that I really did not care for was the mother who dropped her child off only to go take care of another person's baby.

13. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

That was one of the poignant vignettes. To each his own tho'
    glad you all enjoyed it.

14. chad

Carl, I agree, It was very well done and "made me think" but I think that's why I did not like it, it made me too sad.