1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Picked up my new pet today

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Ron-P, May 29, 2007.

1. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

His name is Porter and he's a 3 year old Cherry Head Red Foot Tortoise. He's about 5" in diameter and will grow to about 12". I alsmost went with an African Spur but they get 200+ lbs. and over 2', that's just too big for my newly landscaped yard. The nice thing about these, they do not hibernate.

I had a desert tortoise most all my life but he had to go as he could never stay healthy so close to the coast.

Porter.jpg

2. Alfer

Alfer New Member

3. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member

interesting, do they dig? When we pulled in our driveway from seeing POTC3 my kids spotted a huge tortoise just walking through our property. It was a great site. In Fla they are in danger species and therefore protected. I will see if I can find the photos

4. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member

here is a pic of what I was talking about

IMG_1339Large.jpg

5. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Very cool Jerry.

Yesterday, I spent a good part of the day working the backyard, Porter hung out in the back with me, it's so cool to have a tortoise in the yard again. Been a long time coming.