1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Pink Floyd - 50 years! Wow!!

Discussion in 'Music Lounge' started by capsuleri, May 11, 2017.

1. capsuleri

capsuleri Well-Known Member

2. Phil A

Phil A Active Member

I remember their first appearance in the US on a major TV show - Dick Clark's American Bandstand. I remember the interview after they played.

3. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

I dont go back that far but I clearly remember seeing them is '73 at the coliseum in Jacksonville, 2nd row, dead center main floor. First time I hear live rock and roll in surround for the DSOTM road show.

Then again in '75 for the WYWH road show, two of us got busted for smoking dope outside the Milwaukee stadium.

Then again in '77 I believe for Animals at Soldier Field in Chicago, one of the best, most controlled concerts I ever saw. During the quiet moments, one could hear a pin drop.

4. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

I've said it before... one of my regrets is NOT going to the DSOTM tour. Sheesh.

5. GHilinski

GHilinski Active Member War Zone Member

I saw them on the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour at Madison Square Garden. One of the top five shows I have seen. They were awesome. Fortunately, there are a few tribute bands that nail it around here. If you ever get to see the Australian or British Pink Floyd shows, go. They are pretty spectacular since they rent a lot of the original staging and lighting from Pink Floyd Limited.

6. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

BTW, Roger Waters is touring through our area. I'll be seeing the show on my birthday. :)