1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Pioneer HDMI 1.3 Receivers

Discussion in 'Hardware Lounge' started by Eric, May 9, 2007.

1. Eric

Eric Active Member

First news I've heard....

Linky

Short Story:

Edit...deleted a formatting nightmare. See below for the real chart.

2. Eric

Eric Active Member

Lemme try again.....

[​IMG]

3. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

Onkyo, Denon and Marantz have also announced HDMI 1.3 receivers for later this year. I suspect all major manufacturers will have their 1.3 boxes on the shelves before September.

4. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Where are the pre/pros?

5. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

Yeah, no kidding. Who's going to be the first manufacturer for throw out a solid HDMI 1.3 processor. I don't plan on seperating from my amp anytime soon.

6. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Ken, You know the deal if that is what you want, you will end up buying a receiver and and then using your outboard amp with it. Pre-Pros always lag behind on this stuff.

7. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

You're right. I received a funny email from Outlaw. They were touting some new products they were fixing to announce. Of course once they said it would not be a receiver or processor it was sort of a buzzkill.

I figure Rotel or B&K will be the first processors out the gate sometime in 2008. I'll be waiting. 24 bit 48kHz Dolby Digital 5.1 still sounds pretty good to me.

8. Shane

Shane Active Member

You haven't heard PCM yet have you? :)

9. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

I got the same email and had the same reaction.

I am waiting for someone to release an HDMI pre/pro for a decent price. Once one is available, I will also start looking at a 1080p front projector.

10. Shane

Shane Active Member

Outlaw has a history of announcing new products at the HE show in NYC which is always held in early May. The last rumor I heard was Outlaw was going to release one in August so who knows.

11. With the price of the newest receivers, it probably makes sense to get a relatively inexpensive HDMI receiver and use it as a front end.

PS I wonder who is going to make a $599 pre-pro?

12. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I'm liking the Onkyo offerings from a price/features perspective so far but that is a very raw glance...