1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017)

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by CJ, May 12, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

This is the 5th one and I think I'm one or two movies behind in the series. Releases May 26th.

2. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

I thought this shark was jumped in number 3...

CJ likes this.
  3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I thought I read there is literally a scene were a shark jumps out of the water onto the ship. A little too on the nose?

4. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

Johnny Depp probably punches it.

5. Steve Wright

Steve Wright Active Member War Zone Member

Soon to be seen on a torrent site near you! ;)

6. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Active Member War Zone Member

It has been getting good word of Mouth and Disney has been showing it for free cause they think they have recaptured the magic of the first. I personally lost interest long ago but I think the kid is going to drag me out for this.

7. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

My daughter saw it last night and she and her friend both enjoyed it, so I'll probably add it to my collection when it's released.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

8. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

An air-conditioned theater seemed a better choice today than a crowded beach. And I'm very surprised to say that I enjoyed this latest pirates movie. Passable entertainment. Goes well with popcorn, peanut M&M's, and a soder.

DYohn and Barry_NJ like this.
  9. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

I'll Redbox this, no way does it look theater worthy. My son saw it and said, boring, Jack just walked around drunk for 2 hours... hahaha!

10. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

My daughter says it's probably the second best of the series after the first one. I'll wait for Netflix.

11. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

The girlfriend is a "Pirates" fan so we went a week ago to the theater (had gift cards) and we actually enjoyed it, it was entertaining and a good popcorn movie. Was it the best of the bunch, no, but it was definitely entertaining...who played "uncle jack" cracked me up.

12. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

C_ub869W0AIFW9K.jpg

Jason Lorette likes this.