1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Police drummer rips band's "lame" concert

Discussion in 'Music Lounge' started by DYohn, Jun 1, 2007.

1. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

STORY

2. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

Ouch. That what rust will do to you.

3. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

At least they were able to have a good laugh about it backstage afterwards. :)

4. Pete Apruzzese

Pete Apruzzese New Member

I wonder if the audience was laughing about it. :)

5. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member

I just hope they are still together in July when I am slated to see one of the Dallas shows. Maybe they will be a little better rehearsed by then.

- Steve

6. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

I wonder if the audience even noticed?

JL

7. Stefan

Stefan Active Member War Zone Member

In the excitement of being there, some people may not have noticed. But if it was as bad as he says it was, then I am sure there were plenty who did notice. For $90, which is probably middle of the road price level, I expect to hear polished songs. Hell, I don't even pay that much to hear the worlds best orchestras in the world's finest halls. These guys need to get it together and make it an inspired musical event for Police fans. It's the least these multi-millionaires can do.

But I should also say that I realize there is a difference between live performance and a recorded cd. If you want perfection, a live performance is not where you are going to find it. That's just the music business - we're human. But he really describes this as a total mess.

8. When was Sting ever 'the god of rock'?
    I like some of Police's stuff, and also much of Sting's solo material, but 'god of rock'? Give me a break ;)

9. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

I've never been a Police fan, I think Sting's solo work has been much, much better.