PS3 new firmware 1.82

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Shane, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Shane

Shane Active Member

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

I'll DL it whenever. Doesn't do anything I'm trying to do.

3. brianca

brianca New Member

A firmware update?!?! Those bastards!!! ;)

4. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Heads up that some people on AVS are reporting issues loading games after the update if they do not do a hard reset.

Basically, if you have problems playing games after the update go and power off the PS3 (from the back of the device) and power back up.

5. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Haven't run the update yet, but thanks for the heads up. After the luck I've had with technology this week that would have sent me over the edge if I did it and then couldn't load a game!

6. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

At least the fix is incredibly simple. But I agree that it is certainly less stressful if you know what to look out for and how to fix it.

7. Shane

Shane Active Member

If it's Motorstorm they are downloading the freebie and not updating the game. The freebie update says "download the patch first" and people including myself have not done that. Therefore Motorstorm simply won't load.

8. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Looks like people have reported the problem with Motorstorm, Resistance and "MKII" (whatever that is).

9. Shane

Shane Active Member

I could only find this thread:
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=867921

With 1 guy having issues. The others had the same problem I had(downloaded the map pack for Motorstorm without the 1.2 update).

I tried searching the PS3 forums and found nothing.

Where else did you find people were having issues because of 1.82?

10. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Probably the same thread. Was it titled "Games not loading after 1.82 update"?

I remember the original poster having problems with Motostorn and Resistance, and two other guys having problems. All of them were resolved with a hard reset.

11. Shane

Shane Active Member

The original owner of the thread was motorstorm only and had the same issue I had. The other guys were also having the same issue.

The only one I could find in that thread without the actual motorstorm issue which 1.82 isn't the reason, is one guy with issues with MKII.

12. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

:roll:

It looks like the original poster (who mentioned Resistance) edited his post since I posted.

13. brianca

brianca New Member

Damn you and your facts!

14. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Shrug.... read the thread.

People reported problems and a simple solution. I thought that would be good info to share.

15. Shane

Shane Active Member

I did. I can't help if he edited his thread.

I'll start a thread on Motorstorm so others can mock me(because I screwed up) :)

16. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

It still mentions Resistance in his edit..... :)

Either way, it looks like a hard reset is a good step to take if you have any issues after the update.