1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Remove music - keep vocals

Discussion in 'Music Lounge' started by Colton, May 18, 2007.

1. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

Does anyone have any experience on how to do a reverse karaoke where the music is ripped and the vocals stay? I have a few songs that are needed in a project that require only the vocals with no (or very little) music in the background. I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer ... or if you can do this yourself - I would provide the songs.

Many many thanks.

2. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member

Why not just get the lyrics and sing it yourself?

3. Stefan

Stefan New Member War Zone Member

:lol: Singers just love it when you specify vocalists versus musicians. Aren't they all musicians? Perhaps you meant vocals and instrumentalists. Just giving you a hard time. It's just that is a common joke in the music business.

Stefan

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt New Member

Interesting. I?ve heard of people wanting to suck out the vocals to make a music track, but not the other way around!

About the only thing I can come up with is to run it through a DPL receiver, and record the center output. That will get rid of anything specifically assigned to the left and right channels.

Then you could run it through a music editing program, and do hard EQ to get rid of everything above about 3-4 kHz, and below about 250 Hz. That will get rid of much of the cymbals, much of the snare drum on the upper end, and kick drum, tom toms and bass on the lower end. Probably not much you can do with anything sharing the same frequency range as the voice, but I suppose you could do hard volume drops or silencing between any vocal rests.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt