Rotate images!

Discussion in 'Forum Software Tips and Tricks' started by CJ, Jun 10, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

You know how sometimes those pesky images (especially iPhone) get uploaded and the orientation is wrong? Well, post as you normally do, but now with any post with an image, you should be able to click rotate, and rotate the image(s) to the correct orientation. You'll need to post first, and then rotate after, but it does solve the problem.

DYohn likes this.
  2. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Note, the link to rotate will be down by the "Edit" and "Report" links at the bottom of the post.

DustinDavis likes this.
  3. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

If I use my iPhone, I generally fix the orientation on my computer first before posting it and stick the photo in an appropriate folder (e.g. HT pictures).

4. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Active Member War Zone Member

CJ, is that an add-on extension?

5. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Yes

6. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

thanks
    doesn't rotating your phone initially solve many of these issues?

7. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Usually. But the stupid thing is Apple lets you use the volume + button as a shutter. Normally a camera shutter button is on the top right side of a camera. Yet if you hold your iPhone in that orientation, the photos will be upside down in many apps. Facebook and the like have obviously figured this out but posting via a generic browser and sometimes email clients will display them upside down.