1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

RPTV on the Junk Heap!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by John Celardo, Jun 11, 2007.

1. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

I just got back from a bike ride through my part of suburban New Jersey. We have private trash removal, and the haulers only take household garbage, no big stuff. So once a year the towns have clean-up week. You can put what ever you want on the curb, and the town hauls it away. There are always lots of exercise equipment and CRT TVs. For the first time tonight I saw a big RPTV out on the curb. It was an old 4X3 set, but I felt that this ushered in a new era of junk. Very interesting!

2. Shane

Shane Active Member

My 55" 16x9 HDTV is out there somewhere.

3. John Celardo

Is that the set that was done in by the storm?

4. Shane

Shane Active Member

Wasn't a storm we don't think. We believe it was related to the power line work that was being done to go underground.

My friends' 50" that was going out on him(but still working) is out there too. He upgraded to the same TV I have(Panasonic 50" Plasma).

5. John Celardo

Bummer! :cry: I remember when you posted about it at Mike's place. but I'm getting old, and details sometimes fade. I remember that you got lots of new stuff, and reconfigured. I hope the new geer is working out OK.