1. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

My wife is thinking of getting one of these today. I played with one in Best Buy the other day and they really are beautiful. The screen is amazing. the S8+ is remarkably small for a phone with a 6.2 inch screen.

Anyone pick one up yet?

I am holding out for the Note in the fall.

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Active Member War Zone Member

Are they still doing Google edition versions with stock Android?

3. Dustin B

Google answered my own question. They killed it a long time ago. Rumor was that it was to become the Silver program and a Moto S was to be the first phone on the line. That got killed and the Moto S became the Nexus 6.

4. capsuleri

capsuleri Well-Known Member

I like the all screen no "dead" glass. It will be even better for 5 inch or smaller screen phones. S8 is humongous - I like phones that easily fit in my pant pocket.

5. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

I would have held out but ended up with a S7 Edge. The 8 looks awesome but my 1.5 year old iPhone 6+ took a dump and I had to replace it. I do love my S7 tho...

6. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Well the wife ended up with an S8+ and I have only played with it a little as I helped her set it up.

First thoughts are the screen and phone are gorgeous.As I played more the aspect ratio seems odd but I guess it kind of works well. Kind of reminds me when Apple had those long phones but those were still a little too small. this is 6.2" yet doesn't feel big and feels smaller then most of the note 5.8s I have had.

My wife offered to take my S7 Edge and let me have the new phone but I am holding out for the Note 8 which the rumor mill is now settling in on as the S8 is out. The stuff on the Note 8 indicates a 6.4" screen with more then 83% of the front being screen (The S8+ is supposed to be 83% screen). It is said to have 6 gig of memory and come in 64 and 128 gig versions. Also it is supposed to have a dual camera that s also dual pixel. So basically the same camera as the S8 with a long and short range lens.

7. Dustin B

In the last week I've started to actually consider getting one of these. Having tough time deciding between the LG G6 or the S8 or the S8+. It would be as much as I've spent on my previous 3 phones combined but I'm justifying it to myself because of how much use I get out of my phone. Need to go see them in person and hopefully get to install the keyboard I like on it to find out if the delay in it popping up sometimes is the keyboard or my mid grade hardware.