1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Scotty?s space ashes still lost on Earth

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Michael M, May 10, 2007.

1. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

Holy crap!

full story

2. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

Scotty's remains were beamed away as soon as they reached orbit. There was too much interference on the Earth's surface for the relatively primitive transporters that were used by the Aldebaran's to get a good lock on him, or else his entire body would have disappeared shortly after his death.

3. Hayes Preston

Hayes Preston New Member

I read this story and I was confused. when I initially heard about this type of funeral service (or whatever you want to call) I thought that they took your ashes, and launched them into space, either to stay in orbit for a long time or just float away. If you read the article, for $495, they will launch a portion of your ashes into suborbital space then the rocket (and your ashes) return to earth. Seems a little bit of a ripoff to me

4. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

That was what I thought, also. If I send my ashes into space I want them to stay there, don't bring them back.